Extended Time is a unique, inclusive service operated by qualified, experienced staff. With a mix of independent and organized activities, we provide the children opportunities to make appropriate choices. Extended Time fosters growth and development of perseverance, curiosity and responsibility.
- Independent and Organized Activities
- Indoor/Outdoor Play
- Homework Support
- Team Building Opportunities
- Physical Activity
- A Nurturing Environment
- Nutritional Snacks
- Assistance with preparing students (changing/practicing) for after school activities and escorting them to their on-site location (scouts, art, sports, tutoring).
All School District 47 students in kindergarten through fifth grade are eligible to attend. Extended Time is held at Glacier Ridge, Canterbury, Coventry, Husmann, Indian Prairie, North, South, West and Woodscreek Elementary Schools.
ET staff provide supervised recreational activities allowing time for group games, arts and crafts, movies, field trips, fun with friends and even homework! This program also allows your children to participate in after school art classes or sport practices you might not have been able to transport them to.
Registration can change daily so it is important to call our office for current program availability. Sandra Thompson (815) 459-0680, ext. 1220, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration must take place in-person at our Administration Office located at 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake. Monday-Friday (8:30 AM - 5 PM) Saturdays (9:30 AM - 12 PM April-July.) Please bring with you a $50 non-refundable registration fee and first month's tuition.
Extended Time registration information and Fees
- Registration began June 6 for the 2017/2018 School Year
- ET registration will close on Friday, August 18 at 5 pm. Anyone registering after this deadline will not be able to start ET until Monday, August 28 (the first full week of school)
- School starts Wednesday, August 23
- Fees listed are monthly fees
- Fees include:
- Early Release Days
- Half Days
- Institute Days
- Field Trips
- Winter Break and Spring Break
Fees Per Month
AM SESSION: 6:15 AM-8:45 AM
PM SESSION: 3:30 PM-6:15 PM
Time Of Day 3 Days/Week 5 Days/Week AM
AM & PM
- There are no payments for August and June. These weeks are averaged into 9 equal payments throughout the school year.
- Siblings receive a 20% discount.
- First month's tuition is refundable if cancellation is made prior to the start of the school year.
- Reduced rates are available to Park District residents in need.
- If your school is at capacity, we will place your child on a waiting list. Please contact Sam Thompson, (815) 459-0680, ext. 1220 for more information.
Parents who select the 3 day option can change the choice of days of the week as needed, based on their weekly schedule.
View the Virtual Backpack tab (above) for weekly newsletter updates, monthly calendars, site contact information and the Extended Time Parent Handbook.
Extended Time Punch Pass
Are you a parent with a changing schedule? We are now offering a 10-day Punch Pass at each school site. The passes can be used for regular school days, half days or Institute Days. Once registered you need to contact the office at least a day before your child will attend. Call (815) 459-0680, ext. 1215 or ext. 1220.
The passes are non-refundable and non-transferable and expire at the end of the school year. Passes are sold on a first come, first served basis. Ten (10) passes are available at each school. You will be notified upon completion of their Punch Pass. They may then register for a new one.
Program Fee: $400
The ET program runs through the D47 school year which is August 23 - May 31, 2017. First day of attendance for Kindergarten is August 24, 2017. ET will be closed on national holidays. A list of those dates will be provided at the start of the school year.
Site Contact Info
Glacier Ridge email@example.com
Indian Prairie firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review the current school year Extended Time Parent Handbook. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra Thompson, (815) 459-0680, ext. 1220.
Once registered, you will receive an email invitation to fill out emergency forms online through campdoc.com. This needs to be done before your child may attend Extended Time. This system will give our ET supervisors and directors instant access to required emergency forms. The security, confidentiality and privacy of your child's personal information will always be protected. Only select Crystal Lake Park District personnel will have access to your child's information and the campdoc.com site is secure and encrypted for your protection. If you are having trouble accessing campdoc.com, you can email email@example.com or call (734) 636-1000.