Update: Feb 25, 2022
On February 9, Governor Pritzker announced plans to partially lift Illinois' indoor mask mandate as of February 28, assuming state COVID metrics continue to decline.
As the Crystal Lake Park District has done throughout the pandemic, we will adhere to State requirements by implementing a mask optional approach within Park District programs, events, and facilities for participants, visitors, and staff, effective Monday, February 28. Prior to that date, all participants, patrons, and employees must still wear face coverings inside Park District buildings. Mask usage is still required at Barlina House Preschool as we follow Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) licensing guidelines.
Despite many challenges over the past two years, the community has been responsible, respectful, and safe; adjusting, evolving, and adapting to the changing guidelines. As the Park District transitions to mask optional, our patrons are reminded and encouraged to continue to show respect and honor others' personal choices about whether or not to wear a mask at Park District programs, events, and facilities.
The Park District has been diligent in our efforts to follow the Governor's mandates and the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Illinois Department of Public Health, and local health officials, and retains the right to reinstate mitigation strategies should it become necessary.
Thank you for your ongoing patronage and continued patience and understanding as the Park District navigates these changes. As our procedures continue to evolve, we will share any potential procedure updates as quickly as it is safe and practical to do so. Please continue to refer to crystallakeparks.org/Covid-19 for the most current information and updates.
Update: July 29, 2021
On July 27, 2021, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) released revised COVID-19 guidance pertaining to face coverings. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has adopted the same guidelines and the Park District Risk Management Agency (PDRMA) recommends complying with the CDC and IDPH guidance. Moving forward until further notice, the following changes will be implemented at Crystal Lake Park District indoor programs and facilities:
1) All staff in indoor facilities will be required to wear face coverings in public spaces. In addition, if staff are in an office and proper 6 foot social distancing cannot take place, face coverings must be worn.
2) The CDC and IDPH have updated their face covering guidelines to recommend all individuals, including fully vaccinated individuals, wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. As of July 28, 2021, McHenry County reached the level of substantial (level orange)transmission. Based on the updated guidance, the Crystal Lake Park District recommends that individuals who visit any indoor facility of the agency wear a face covering.
3) Guidance specific to certain program areas, particularly the K-12 age group has not changed. Guidance will be addressed individually by the Recreation Supervisor in charge of each area.
Update: May 25, 2021
If you are fully vaccinated, facial coverings are optional. By entering the facility and/or participating in programs without a face covering, you are verifying truthfully
that you have been fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the full course of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please continue social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible. Facial coverings remain mandatory if you are not fully vaccinated.
For more information on the COVID-19 virus, please visit the following links:
As always, your continued understanding, patience and support is valued and appreciated.
- Oct 02 Lippold Park Seal Coating Project Updates-Week of Oct 2
- Sep 19 Registration Open for Girls & Boys Basketball Leagues
- Sep 15 Fishing Line Recycling Receptacles a Success
- Sep 11 Two NEW Workshops for Adults
- Sep 07 NEW Programs & Events at Colonel Palmer House
- Sep 03 Enroll Now for Fall Session of Dance
- Sep 03 Social Dance Nights at Grand Oaks Plus Line Dancing Class & Couples Social Dance
- Sep 02 Youth Athletics Classes Begin Sept 9
- Sep 01 Women's Golf Clinic Begins Sept 3 at Lippold Family Golf Center
- Aug 21 Snake Study Update-a collaboration with McHenry County College Biology Students
- Aug 21 Online Registration Down for Upgrades Tu, Aug 22 at 3 pm-Wed, Aug 23
- Aug 15 Fall 2023 Registration Now Open
- Aug 11 It's A GO-Caddyshack is ON for Tonight, Fri Aug 11
- Aug 02 Community Input Survey-Della Street Park Renovations plus Community Input Meeting on Aug 16
- Jul 26 Caddyshack-Movie in the Park on Aug 11-Costume Contest Added to the Event
- Jul 25 Additional Date Added to Crystal Lake Park District Concert in the Park Schedule
- Jul 25 Public Invited to Peter Pan Jr Performance by Musical Theatre Camp
- Jul 24 July/August Programs at Colonel Palmer House
- Jul 14 Group Sailing Lessons Begin July 24
- Jul 14 Summer Hapkido and Women’s Self Defense Clinic
- Jul 07 July/August Nature Center Programs & Events
- Jul 05 Cops N Bobbers Gary Svejcar Fishing Derby for Kids on July 30
- Jul 05 Women’s Self Defense Clinic on July 22
- Jul 04 Crystal Lake Park District Adult Camp (21+)
- Jul 03 Swim Lessons Sess 2 begin July 10
- Jul 03 Save the Date-Sat, Jul 15, to UNPLUG After Dark at Veteran Acres
- Jun 29 Everything You Need to Know to Enjoy the Crystal Lake Parade and Fireworks Celebration
- Jun 27 Summer Tennis Lessons for Ages 5-Adult Session 3 begins Jul 17
- Jun 27 Crystal Lake Fireworks Info Plus Wristband Pre-Purchase Info
- Jun 26 FREE Summer Sing-A-Longs on June 28 & July 15
- Jun 25 Positive Pebbles Kits Available at the Administrative Office
- Jun 08 NEW Event! Aloha Summer Sunset Celebration on June 9
- Jun 01 Crystal Lake Park District Concerts in the Park Kicks off May 30
- May 27 2023 Beach Operations-Main Beach Opens Sat, May 27
- May 05 Registration Open for Summer 2023
- Apr 24 Thank You Crystal Lake Park District Volunteers!
- Apr 10 Lippold Family Golf Center Open for Season
- Apr 06 Limited Number of Community Garden Plots Available
- Apr 05 Line Dancing Class & Social Ballroom Class plus Social Dance Nights
- Apr 04 Spots Filling Quickly for Summer Camp 2023-Register Today!
- Apr 04 Crystal Lake Park District Nature Offers Spring Programs for Tots-Adults
- Mar 15 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded Urban and Community Forestry Grant for Tree Planting
- Mar 08 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded 2022 Government Award from the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County
- Mar 07 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded $600,000 Open Space Land Acquisition and Development Grant for Development of Park on Haligus Road
- Mar 06 Social Dance Nights March 10, April 22, May 19
- Mar 06 Paint Nites and Watercolor Painting
- Mar 06 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Spring Firewood Sale on March 18
- Feb 27 Update Regarding Northwestern Medicine Healthcare Crystal Lake Fitness Center and the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Highlight the Night Son Date Night on April 28
- Feb 22 Mother Daughter Tea at Colonel Palmer House on April 30
- Feb 22 Four Winds Casino Trip and Land of Lincoln Trip Still Have Limited Spots Available
- Feb 22 New Sessions of Youth Athletics Beginning Feb 27 and Apr 24
- Feb 21 EVP Spring Break Volleyball Camp Mar 27-30
- Feb 19 Register NOW for Summer Camp!
- Feb 15 Next Session of Little Medical School Veterinarian Programs Begins March 24
- Feb 15 Summer 2023 Seasonal Jobs-NOW HIRING
- Feb 13 Register Now for Puzzle Palooza on March 19
- Feb 07 Valentine/Galentine Zumba Party Scheduled for Feb 10
- Jan 20 NEW! Galentine's Day Brunch with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Jan 20 Dates Nights for Sons and Daughters in Feburary and April
- Jan 19 Limited Spots Still Available for this Season's Adult Trips
- Jan 17 Willows Edge Park Invasive Brush Clearing Efforts Underway
- Jan 16 Snowbird Softball Tourney Team Registration Due by Jan 27
- Jan 15 EVP & Crystal Lake Park District Host Snow Volleyball Tournament
- Jan 02 Register by Jan 6 for Boys Basketball League
- Dec 23 Free Holiday Light Recycling thru December 30
- Dec 22 Winter Spring Activity Guide Available and Registration is Opens Dec 9
- Dec 07 Send Us Your Letter to Santa by December 9
- Dec 05 Holiday Break Camps for Youth and Teens
- Oct 05 Committee of the Whole Meeting Administrative Bldg, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 08 Cycling Without Age for Seniors Dole Mansion
- Oct 08 Pioneering Merit Badge Workshop Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 09 Admin Office Closed
- Oct 09 Pickleball Fall Classic Spoerl Pickleball Courts, 7610 Pingree Road
- Oct 12 Magic Rotary Building, 431 N. Walkup, Crystal Lake
- Oct 13 CL Historical Society Lunch & Learn-Known as Swedenberg Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 14 Henrietta's Harvest Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 15 Nature Tots-Bat Story Time Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Oct 15 Nature Explorers-Brilliant Bats Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake