The Grand Oaks Active Adult Center hosts a variety of weekly programs created for, but not limited, to adults 55 years and older.
1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
The Grand Oaks Senior Center offers free drop-in activities Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 12 PM, excluding holidays and last 2 weeks of December. We do not require membership fees and the center is open to Crystal Lake Park District residents and non-residents alike.
Featured Games are Free Unless Noted
|Mondays||Rummikub & Mah Jongg 9:30 AM-12 PM
||Billiards Table Open 9 AM-12 PM
|Tuesdays||Dominos||$5 Bingo-Pay at Door
2nd & 4th Tuesday
Coffee & Sweets - Dunkin' Donuts CL
|Wednesdays||Hand & Foot|
9:15 AM-12 PM
(Bring Your Own Set)
|Beanbag Baseball 10 AM-12 PM
Some games are contingent on the number of players who attend that day
10 AM start time unless noted. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before start of game.
OR JUST SOCIALIZE...
Come for social time or play whatever game you wish with your friends.
Call Jennifer Peterson at (815) 459-0680 x1219
TRIPS & TOURS
Day trips include destinations such as professional performances, concerts, sporting events, shopping trips, casinos, cultural tours and restaurant dining. Extended trips give special attention to dietary needs, slow-paced itineraries and comfortable accommodations. Trips are available for all ages.
This fun activity combines baggo and baseball! No experience needed. Come alone or with a friend and have fun meeting new people in the Crystal Lake area. Leagues are played outside unless inclement weather and then we will bring it inside. Not a physically challenging game!
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Facility Closings Due to Flooding
- Jul 26 Crystal Lake Closed to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 24 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Approved by Board of Commissioners
- Jul 20 Open Water Swim Race CANCELLED
- Jul 17 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species on Crystal Lake on July 18
- Jul 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for July 23 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Jul 11 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House continues on July 16 With ‘CPH Country Fair’
- Jul 11 Food Vendors Named for Blast on the Beach
- Jul 11 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Class
- Jul 10 West Bay Herbicide Treatment Scheduled for July 11
- Jul 10 July 12 is ‘Everyday Hero Day’ at Crystal Lake Park District Summer Camp
- Jun 21 Special Event Dates Affecting Main Beach Boat Launch Key Card Holders
- Jun 21 Craft Fair Vendors Needed at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram/Crystal Lake Park District Blast on the Beach
- Jun 17 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Black Diamond to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- May 25 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 24 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Offers Boomers Golf Drop-In Special
- May 24 Crystal Castle and Acorn Alley Splash Pad Hours of Operation
- May 23 Main and West Beaches Open on May 27
- May 23 Exciting New Additions to Concerts in the Park Series
- May 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 4
- May 23 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness and Yoga Classes at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 26 Crystal Lake Main Beach Passes on Sale May 8
- Apr 25 Garden Plots at Hill Farm Acres
- Apr 25 Summer Camp registration now open at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 15 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Available for Public Review
- Jul 29 Cardboard Cup Regatta
- Aug 01 Concerts in the Park Main Beach, FREE
- Aug 05 Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Blast on the Beach Main Beach
- Aug 13 Summer Sunday
- Aug 17 August Board Meeting Administrative Office, One E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Sep 10 Crystal Lake Park District Half Marathon Lippold Park
- Sep 21 September Board Meeting Administrative Office, One E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 19 October Board Meeting Administrative Office, One E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Nov 16 November Board Meeting Administrative Office, One E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Dec 14 December Board Meeting Administrative Office, One E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake