The Crystal Lake Park District's full-time year-round park police department works closely with the Crystal Lake and Village of Lakewood Police to keep your parks and facilities safe. We need your help in protecting these properties. If at any time you see suspicious activities, call the Park Police at (815) 356-2415 or SEECOM Dispatch at (815) 356-1117 to report any problems. In an emergency, dial 911. Our officer will be dispatched to handle the situation
It is the mission of the Crystal Lake Park District Police Department to be conservators of the peace and protectors of the life and well-being of all patrons, citizens and park district property. We will do this by providing service, reducing fear of crime, and relentlessly pursuing those engaged in criminal behavior through unwavering dedication, courage, integrity and ethical treatment of all we serve. We swear on our oath and the law enforcement officer's code of ethics to complete this with courtesy, professionalism and respect.
Parks are open Dawn-Dusk. Park District facilities have posted hours of operation. Contact or visit the facility webpage to confirm hours of operation.
In connection with any Park or Property of the District:
- No Person shall be allowed on Park Property between Dusk and Dawn, unless otherwise authorized by the Director or when attending an authorized meeting or activity being held in a District Facility.
- No person shall be allowed at any time, for any reason, on any Park site or Property that is declared closed by the Director or their designate.
- Dogs and cats only are permitted at park areas when kept on a physical leash or tether being held by the animal's owner (excluding the dog park).
- Dogs and cats are not allowed within playground borders or areas as otherwise marked.
- All other animals, including horses, are prohibited unless authorized by the Park Board of Commissioners.
- The person bringing the animal into the park area is responsible for removal of any defecation created by that animal.
- Animals are prohibited at Main Beach and West Beach.
A. It shall be unlawful on any Park District property for any person to park any vehicle except within designated parking areas.
B. Except when and where permitted by special Park District programs, it shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle on Park District property as follows:
- upon grassy areas;
- where official signs prohibit such parking;
- so as to block completely, or in part, any entrance, exit or driveway;
- in any manner so as to disrupt or block normal traffic movement;
- in any manner so as to encroach upon more than one parking place;
- from dusk until dawn unless prior approval is granted, or the person is attending an approved Park District program;
- in any manner so as to block a designated fire lane
- in the Administrative Office parking lot for purposes other than Park District business, rentals or programs.
C. General parking restrictions shall not apply to authorized vehicles, or emergency vehickles of any agency in the performance of its duties
No person shall upon or in connection with any Crystal Lake Park District property:
OFFERING ARTICLES FOR SALE OR RAISING FUNDS
No person shall offer or exchange for sale any article or thing, or do any hawking, peddling, or soliciting, or solicit or receive contributions of money or anything of value upon Park District property, unless authorized by the Park Board.
A. The erection or maintenance of any sign, bill, poster, placard, or card; or the distributing of any advertising matter by handbills, or otherwise, except signs posted by the Park District, is prohibited upon Park District property unless authorized by the Park Board or its agent.
B. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph A., handbills may be distributed on Election Day only, at authorized polling places on Park District property when the person responsible complies with applicable Illinois State law for such distribution and cleans
Alcohol, Drugs and Smoking
11.23 USE OF ALCOHOLIC DRINKS (Revised 11-19-01)
Beer and wine are permitted at Main and West Beach in the picnic areas only; the Racket Club during special programs; and the Rotary Building as approved by the Executive Director. Beer and wine may be consumed at Veteran Acres when approved as part of a picnic or shelter reservation or permit. Beer and wine may be consumed at Lippold Park when purchased from Park District vending only; and beer, wine and mixed drinks may be consumed at Park Place when purchased from Park District vending only and in compliance with City and State licenses. Consumption of alcohol in other individual programs and buildings must each be approved by the Executive Director. The Park District reserves the right to prohibit alcohol in any/all parks/buildings at any time it deems necessary.
11.24 UNDERAGE POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL
1. No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall purchase, possess, consume, be under the affects of, or transport any alcoholic beverage on Park District property.
2. No person shall give, provide, sell or offer any alcoholic beverage to any person under the age of 21 years old on park property.
11.25 UNDERAGE TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SMOKE FREE ILLINOIS ACT
A. Unlawful: No person under the age of 18 shall purchase, accept, possess or consume any cigar, cigarette, smokeless tobacco or tobacco in any of its forms.
B. Furnishing Tobacco: No person shall sell, buy for, distribute samples of or furnish any cigar, cigarette, smokeless tobacco in any of its forms, to any person under the age of 18.
C. No person shall smoke any cigar, cigarette, or pipe within a designated "NO SMOKING" area or if not marked, a minimum of 15 feet of any building entrance, exit, window that is open, or ventilation intake that serves an enclosed area where smoking is prohibited in violation of the "Smoke Free Illinois Act" 410 ILCS 82/1, et seq., as may be amended from time to time.
D. No person shall smoke any cigar, cigarette, or pipe on or within any building located on Park District Property in violation of the "Smoke Free Illinois Act" 410 ILCS 82/1, et seq., as may be amended from time to time.
E. No person shall smoke any cigar, cigarette or pipe within the fenced in property commonly referred to as Main Beach or West Beach.
Crystal Lake Park District Fishing Ordinance 11.17 Fine is per fish
Wading into any park district body of water, other than Crystal Lake, to fish is prohibited. Fishing is allowed from shore or from piers installed for that purpose.
A. All Illinois Department of Natural Resources Fishing Regulations will be enforced.
B. Crystal Lake Park District (Crystal Lake and Park District Ponds)
Species Limitations All Fish 3 Poles and Line Fishing Only Channel Catfish 6 Fish Daily Creel Limit` Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass 18" Minimum Length, 1 Fish Daily Creek Limit Walleye Pike 18" Minimum Length, 2 Fish Daily Creel Limit Northern Pike 24" Minimum Length, 2 Fish Daily Creel Limit Muskellunge 48" Minimum Length, 1 Fish Daily Creel Limit Bluegill or Red Ear Sunfish 15 Fish in Total Daily Limit Crappie-White or Black 15 Fish in Total Daily Limit Yellow Perch 15 Fish in Total Daily Limit
C. All fish caught must be taken or released unharmed and in live condition subject to the provisions of this section.
D. Each fish is a separate violation.
E. This Fishing Ordinance will be enforced on all Park District bodies of water, including but not limited to:
- Crystal Lake
- Woodscreek Park
- Four Colonies Park
- Veteran Acres Park
- Lippold Park
- Sterne's Woods and Fen
- Winding Creek Park
- Willows Edge Park (both ponds)
- Prairie Ridge Conservation Area
As citizens and taxpayers we are all paying to repair this unnecessary damage. Tips from concerned citizens have helped to decrease the amount of vandalism damage each year. If you have a tip for police you can report in any one of the following ways.
If you live near one of our parks and have information concerning a criminal damage incident please use one of the methods below to contact us:
If an act of vandalism is in progress: call 911
Phone Park Police: (815) 356-2415
SEECOM DISPATCH: (815) 356-1117
Phone Park District: (815) 459-0680
US Mail to Police: 1 East Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Email: Chief Dan Dziewior
- Jun 12 Register Now for Summer Cooking Classes
- Jun 12 Crystal Lake Park District Main Beach Phase 2 Survey Now Open
- Jun 04 Crystal Lake Park District Board of Commissioners Seeking Candidate
- Jun 04 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species Scheduled on June 6 on Crystal Lake
- May 17 Family Campout Slated for June 15-16 at Main Beach
- May 17 Teens! Get the Right Skills to Land a Job Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Classes
- May 17 Group and Private Sailing Lessons with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 17 Summer Tennis Lessons for Ages 5-Adult With the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 16 Still Time to Register for Summer Sessions of Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 16 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 14 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 14 Register now for Open Water Swim Race Slated at Crystal Lake on June 9-CANCELLED
- May 14 Concerts in the Park Begins on Tuesday, June 5
- May 14 2018 Public Beach Spring Herbicide Treatments Scheduled
- May 14 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 3
- May 14 Mark Your Calendar for May 26-Main and West Beach Opening Day
- May 14 Crystal Lake Park District Announces NEW Special Event at Main Beach Beach Bash on June 23
- May 14 Drop in and Planned Activities for seniors at the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 11 Mark Your Calendar for May 20 Sterne's Volunteer Work Day
- May 10 May 19 is Opening Day for the NEW Crystal Lake Park District Main Beach Playground
- May 09 Enroll Now for Summer Session of Dance Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 20 Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office Begins Saturday Hours for Summer Season
- Apr 20 Meet up the First Wednesday of the Month for Walking Club
- Apr 17 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for April 22
- Apr 17 Watch for the Summer Brochure in the Mail! Registration Opens May 1
- Apr 17 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Opens for Season on April 21
- Apr 17 Dates Announced for Drop-In Program for Crafters
- Apr 12 American Tango is the Featured Dance for April 28 Event
- Apr 02 First Saturday at Colonel Palmer House on April 7 features Scouting Around
- Apr 02 Nominate Crystal Lake to Receive a $20K Grant during Earth Month
- Apr 02 Crystal Lake Park District Day Camp Open House Scheduled for May 5
- Mar 30 Crystal Lake Park District Staff Receives Award at NISRA Recognition Banquet
- Mar 19 Crystal Lake Park District Honored with Certificate of Achievement For Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Mar 14 Join us on March 18 for Volunteer Work Day at Sterne's Woods
- Mar 14 Register by April 2 for Family Game NIght
- Mar 14 Adult Line Country Line Dance Party on March 17 includes Lesson
- Mar 14 Rumba is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults
- Mar 12 Register by March 14 for Doggy Egg Hunt
- Mar 01 Crystal Lake Park District’s Sam Thompson Receives National Service Award from the American Camp Association
- Feb 22 Still Time to Register for Spring Session of Crystal Lake Park District Cooking and Baking Classes
- Feb 22 Registration Deadline: March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Feb 22 Community Garden Plots Available at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Register for Spring Session of Beyond the Bell at Husmann and West Elementary
- Feb 22 Limited Team Spots Still Available for Forts on the Courts
- Feb 16 Join us February 25 for Bonfire! Food at the Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 31 Colonel Palmer House to Host Two Valentine’s Inspired Events
- Jan 25 Applications Due by March 31 for Walk Herrick, Sr. Memorial Foundation Junior Tennis Scholarship
- Jan 24 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Two District 47 Schools to Offer Beyond the Bell
- Jan 24 February 23 Live Music Entertainment at Park Place features Ivy Ford
- Jan 24 Drop-In Pickleball Offered at The Racket Club
- Jan 24 Reister by March 12 for 2nd Annual Forts on the Courts Family/Team Event
- Jan 24 January 27 at Grand Oaks-Adult Country Line Dance Party
- Jan 16 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Jan 16 Don’t PASS up the Opportunity to be a Part of the Crystal Lake Park District Cake Decorating Class on Jan 20
- Jan 16 Register by March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Jan 15 Join us on January 21 for a Bonfire! Food! Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 15 Chili Open Golf Classic is a Crystal Lake Tradition-Get Your Tee Time Today!
- Jan 15 Register by January 30 for the 2018 Snowbird Softball Tournament
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Now Hiring for Summer Seasonal Jobs
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ice Rink and Sledding Locations for Winter Fun
- Jan 15 Indoor Walking Option at The Racket Club -Monday thru Friday
- Jan 12 Register by March 20 for Breakfast with the Bunny
- Dec 28 FREE Music and Dancing at Park Place Banquet in January and February
- Dec 28 Enroll Now for 1st Session of Winter Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 28 Registration Deadline January 15, 4th-6th Grade Boys After School Basketball League
- Dec 28 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Dec 11 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for December 17 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Dec 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 11 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Dance Programs for Adults in Winter/Spring Season
- Nov 21 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Dance Mix Party on December 3
- Nov 21 Watch for the Winter/Spring brochure in the mail after December 1
- Nov 13 Still time to Register-Enjoy a Holiday Brunch with Friends on December 7 at Grand Oaks Active Senior Center
- Nov 13 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to ‘Light Up’ Crystal Lake In Holiday Decorating Contest
- Nov 13 Classic Christmas Bedtime Stories for Kids Ages 3-10
- Nov 13 Register by November 29 for Santa's Workshop
- Nov 13 Letters to Santa Program is a Crystal Lake Park District Tradition
- Nov 13 Register by December 22 for Family Noon Years Eve
- Nov 13 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 -FREE Family Halloween Fun at Main Beach on October 28- Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Oct 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for October 22 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Institute Day Fun for Ages 5-13
- Oct 17 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ballroom and Social Dancing Program for Adults
- Oct 17 FREE Big Band Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place on October 20
- Oct 17 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Cooking Demonstration with Chef Dave Esau
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Competition is Heating Up 17 Teams Registered for Puzzle Palooza!
- Oct 02 Park District Invites Residents to Attend State of the Lake Meeting on October 30
- Oct 02 Drop-In Tot Open Gym Returns for Fall 2017 Program Season at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 02 October 14: Adult Line Dance Party -Learn the basics with an introductory lesson-
- Sep 23 Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project Meeting Scheduled for October 5
- Sep 18 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for September 24 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Sep 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Sep 11 FREE Family Fun at Black Diamond Kite Fest
- Sep 11 East Coast Swing is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults - Program includes complimentary dance le
- Sep 11 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to Participate in the Haunted Home Decorating Contest
- Sep 11 Are you a Puzzle Pro? Put a Team Together and Test Your Jigsaw Skills Against the Best at Puzzle Palooza!
- Sep 11 Music Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place in October
- Sep 08 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Sep 08 Crystal Lake Park District Begins Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project
- Sep 06 Main Beach Bricks Available for Pick Up NOW
- Aug 30 Home School Expo at Park Place Cancelled
- Aug 30 Crystal Lake Park District Hosts 21st Annual Crystal Lake Half Marathon -Volunteer Help Needed-
- Aug 30 Wanna Get a Little Nutty? Collect acorns on behalf of the Crystal Lake Park District Environmental Committee!
- Aug 18 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Aug 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for August 27 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Aug 17 Lunch and Learn Series Returns to Colonel Palmer House for Fall Program Season
- Aug 17 Ol’ Time Wagon Rides a Fall Tradition at Sterne’s Woods
- Aug 17 Main Beach Renovation Project Update for Playground Brick Owners
- Aug 16 Girls After School Basketball League (Ages 9-11) A Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Highlight
- Aug 16 Crystal Lake Park District Seeks Vendors for Home School Expo at Park Place
- Aug 16 Working Parents Have Childcare Options with Crystal Lake Park District Extended Time Programs for 2017-2018 School Year
- Aug 04 Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Brochure to Be Mailed To Residents
- Aug 01 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Chance to Try a Fitness Class for Free in August
- Jul 31 Crystal Lake Open to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Facility Closings Due to Flooding
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Appointment of Park Board Commissioner, Julie Martens
- Jul 26 Crystal Lake Closed to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 24 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Approved by Board of Commissioners
- Jul 20 Open Water Swim Race CANCELLED
- Jul 17 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species on Crystal Lake on July 18
- Jul 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for July 23 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Jul 11 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House continues on July 16 With ‘CPH Country Fair’
- Jul 11 Food Vendors Named for Blast on the Beach
- Jul 11 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Class
- Jul 10 West Bay Herbicide Treatment Scheduled for July 11
- Jul 10 July 12 is ‘Everyday Hero Day’ at Crystal Lake Park District Summer Camp
- Jun 21 Special Event Dates Affecting Main Beach Boat Launch Key Card Holders
- Jun 21 Craft Fair Vendors Needed at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram/Crystal Lake Park District Blast on the Beach
- Jun 17 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Black Diamond to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- May 25 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 24 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Offers Boomers Golf Drop-In Special
- May 24 Crystal Castle and Acorn Alley Splash Pad Hours of Operation
- May 23 Main and West Beaches Open on May 27
- May 23 Exciting New Additions to Concerts in the Park Series
- May 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 4
- May 23 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness and Yoga Classes at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 26 Crystal Lake Main Beach Passes on Sale May 8
- Apr 25 Garden Plots at Hill Farm Acres
- Apr 25 Summer Camp registration now open at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 15 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Available for Public Review
- Jun 18 Chicao Pedway & Pizza Trip transporation from Park Place
- Jun 20 Fishing Workshop The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Jun 20 Awesome Gluten Free Cooking Woodscreek Park
- Jun 21 Nature Tots The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Jun 21 Mindfulness Through Art at Main Beach Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystal Lake
- Jun 22 Qi Gong with Meditation Relaxation Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystdal Lake
- Jun 22 Confetti Gourmet-LIttle Pies & Tarts Confetti Gourmet Academy
- Jun 23 Crystal Lake Park District Beach Bash Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystal Lake
- Jun 23 Hanging with our Heron Photo Contest Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystdal Lake
- Jun 24 Wanders at Wingate The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake