1251 W. Route 176, one mile west of Route 14, Crystal Lake
Lippold Park has Something for Everyone!
- Sports Fields
- Picnic Pavilion
- Lippold Park Family Golf
- Skate Park
- Batting Cages
- Outdoor Fitness Area
- Hound Town
- Disc Golf
Located on Route 176, just West of Route 14 in Crystal Lake
Named after the family who originally farmed the land, Lippold Park is a site of incredible recreation facilities to accommodate every athletic interest, passive and active! Lippold Park has become the home to a multitude of park district programs, activities and events on a daily basis. It is a 310 acre mixed use park featuring hiking trails, an 18-hole disc golf course, eight baseball fields, four softball fields with entire infields of synthetic turf, nine irrigated soccer fields, three football fields, Hound Town Dog Park, sand volleyball courts, batting cages, skate park, concession stands, 5+ miles of biking/walking trails including the Walt Herrick Sr. Trail and sixty acres of ponds and wetlands.
Other amenities include restroom facilities, a playground, fishing piers, and a picnic shelter. Soccer and ball field rental is available by reservation only.
This past year alone over 30,000 athletes, residents, and spectators visited Lippold Park. Many Park District affiliate groups, as well as other community groups call Lippold Park home including, Crystal Lake Little League, Babe Ruth Baseball, MCYSA World Series, The Soccer Federation, CL Raiders Football, and most recently, the Crystal Lake Youth Lacrosse League.
A picnic shelter located at the Skate Park is available for rent.
Lippold FamiLy Golf Center
Lippold Park is also home to the Lippold Park Family Golf Center which includes two 18-hole miniature golf courses, a driving range, putting green, pro shop and on-site lessons.
Stop by and try out the skate park for FREE at anytime while Lippold Park is open. The skate park features a half pipe, quarter pipe, 4' bank, skate table, grind bench, two step pad, kinked rail, flat grind rail and round grind rail. Skates can also test their skills on a large pyramid consisting of a pyramid island, banked ramps, pyramid rails and pyramid stairs. The skate park is located on a 75' x 120' concrete pad. There is a small picnic shelter adjacent to the skate pad area available for rentals.
The batting cage system features four token-operated dual function cages with fastpitch baseball and slow pitch softball in every tunnel. Tokens can be purchased at the batting cages for $1.00 for 10 balls. Call (815) 459-0680, ext. 333 for general batting cage information. During regular office hours, contact Jack Sebesta at (815) 459-0680, ext. 1216 for batting cage group reservations and information.
Outdoor Fitness Area
The outdoor fitness area features eight pieces of exercise equipment designed for outdoor use and for all ages and abilities. You can improve your strength, cardiovascular, flexibility, balance and coordination by working out in the outdoor fitness area. The area is located amongst native wetlands. Restrooms, drinking fountains, a rain shelter, playground, parking, the disc golf course and the Boncosky Softball Complex are nearby. The area is unsupervised and free to use. Safety guidelines are posted-use equipment at your own risk.
Hound Town is a three-acre park located in the heart of the Lippold Park Sport Complex. It is a place where dogs can socialize and run off leash-dogs love it! The park is entirely fenced and is open year-round, dawn to dusk.
Gate Key Card
Crystal Lake Park District residents and non-residents may purchase a key card at the Administration Office.
You will need to bring the following documents in person:
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Rabies vaccination from your veterinarian
2017 Hound Town Gate Key Cards will be half price after Labor Day
|Rates||First Dog||Each Additional Dog|
|Senior Resident Fee (age 60+)||$15||$3|
|Senior Non-Resident Fee (age 60+)||$30||$3|
Disc Golf (often referred to as frisbee golf) is a flying disc game, as well as a precision and accuracy sport, in which individual players throw a flying disc at a target. The object of the game is to traverse a course from beginning to end in the fewest number of throws of the disc.
Lippold Park is home to an 18 hole disc golf course. The course consists of some open holes, some with tricky tree-protected fairways. Flat terrain follows a fitness trail with rough on both sides. Bug spray advised March - August. The course is open dawn to dusk and is free to use
Course Type: Permanent
# Holes: 18
Target Type: Baskets
Tee Type: Rubber
Course Length: 5,032ft
Alternate Length: 0ft
Hole Length: Under 300ft: 12 | 300 - 400ft: 4 | Over 400ft: 2
- Nov 13 Still time to Register-Enjoy a Holiday Brunch with Friends on December 7 at Grand Oaks Active Senior Center
- Nov 13 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to ‘Light Up’ Crystal Lake In Holiday Decorating Contest
- Nov 13 Classic Christmas Bedtime Stories for Kids Ages 3-10
- Nov 13 Register by November 29 for Santa's Workshop
- Nov 13 Letters to Santa Program is a Crystal Lake Park District Tradition
- Nov 13 Register by December 22 for Family Noon Years Eve
- Nov 13 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 -FREE Family Halloween Fun at Main Beach on October 28- Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Oct 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for October 22 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Institute Day Fun for Ages 5-13
- Oct 17 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ballroom and Social Dancing Program for Adults
- Oct 17 FREE Big Band Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place on October 20
- Oct 17 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Cooking Demonstration with Chef Dave Esau
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Competition is Heating Up 17 Teams Registered for Puzzle Palooza!
- Oct 02 Park District Invites Residents to Attend State of the Lake Meeting on October 30
- Oct 02 Drop-In Tot Open Gym Returns for Fall 2017 Program Season at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 02 October 14: Adult Line Dance Party -Learn the basics with an introductory lesson-
- Sep 23 Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project Meeting Scheduled for October 5
- Sep 18 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for September 24 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Sep 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Sep 11 FREE Family Fun at Black Diamond Kite Fest
- Sep 11 East Coast Swing is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults - Program includes complimentary dance le
- Sep 11 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to Participate in the Haunted Home Decorating Contest
- Sep 11 Are you a Puzzle Pro? Put a Team Together and Test Your Jigsaw Skills Against the Best at Puzzle Palooza!
- Sep 11 Music Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place in October
- Sep 08 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Sep 08 Crystal Lake Park District Begins Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project
- Sep 06 Main Beach Bricks Available for Pick Up NOW
- Aug 30 Home School Expo at Park Place Cancelled
- Aug 30 Crystal Lake Park District Hosts 21st Annual Crystal Lake Half Marathon -Volunteer Help Needed-
- Aug 30 Wanna Get a Little Nutty? Collect acorns on behalf of the Crystal Lake Park District Environmental Committee!
- Aug 18 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Aug 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for August 27 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Aug 17 Lunch and Learn Series Returns to Colonel Palmer House for Fall Program Season
- Aug 17 Ol’ Time Wagon Rides a Fall Tradition at Sterne’s Woods
- Aug 17 Main Beach Renovation Project Update for Playground Brick Owners
- Aug 16 Girls After School Basketball League (Ages 9-11) A Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Highlight
- Aug 16 Crystal Lake Park District Seeks Vendors for Home School Expo at Park Place
- Aug 16 Working Parents Have Childcare Options with Crystal Lake Park District Extended Time Programs for 2017-2018 School Year
- Aug 04 Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Brochure to Be Mailed To Residents
- Aug 01 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Chance to Try a Fitness Class for Free in August
- Jul 31 Crystal Lake Open to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Facility Closings Due to Flooding
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Appointment of Park Board Commissioner, Julie Martens
- Jul 26 Crystal Lake Closed to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 24 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Approved by Board of Commissioners
- Jul 20 Open Water Swim Race CANCELLED
- Jul 17 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species on Crystal Lake on July 18
- Jul 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for July 23 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Jul 11 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House continues on July 16 With ‘CPH Country Fair’
- Jul 11 Food Vendors Named for Blast on the Beach
- Jul 11 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Class
- Jul 10 West Bay Herbicide Treatment Scheduled for July 11
- Jul 10 July 12 is ‘Everyday Hero Day’ at Crystal Lake Park District Summer Camp
- Jun 21 Special Event Dates Affecting Main Beach Boat Launch Key Card Holders
- Jun 21 Craft Fair Vendors Needed at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram/Crystal Lake Park District Blast on the Beach
- Jun 17 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Black Diamond to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- May 25 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 24 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Offers Boomers Golf Drop-In Special
- May 24 Crystal Castle and Acorn Alley Splash Pad Hours of Operation
- May 23 Main and West Beaches Open on May 27
- May 23 Exciting New Additions to Concerts in the Park Series
- May 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 4
- May 23 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness and Yoga Classes at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 26 Crystal Lake Main Beach Passes on Sale May 8
- Apr 25 Garden Plots at Hill Farm Acres
- Apr 25 Summer Camp registration now open at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 15 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Available for Public Review
- Nov 26 Sterne's Woods Volunteer Work Day Sterne's outdoor pavilion, 5617 Hillside Dr, Crystal Lake
- Dec 02 Cake Decorating: Gingerbread Houses Woodscreek Park Building
- Dec 02 Club House Artists Admin. Bldg, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Dec 03 Santa's Workshop Grand Oaks Recreation, 1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- Dec 04 Magic Class
- Dec 06 I Dig Fossils The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Dec 06 Family Yoga Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystal Lake
- Dec 08 Letters to Santa (Registration Deadline) Administrative Office, One E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Dec 09 Kids/Teen Paint Art Attack Admin. Bldg, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Dec 09 Confetti Gourmet Cooking-A Trio of Soups Confetti Gourmet Academy