The Crystal Lake Park District organizes a variety of special events for everyone! We bring communities together with events that make lasting memories! For specific information on pricing and program dates, please view the links provided below. All one day trips and special events are also posted on our calendar of events.
Crystal Lake Park District Beach Bash
Saturday, June 23, 2018 9 am-7 pm
MAIN BEACH - 300 LAKESHORE DRIVE
Summer Concerts in the Park Series
Main Beach - 300 LakeShore Drive
Each year, the Crystal Lake Park District hosts a regional band to perform at Main Beach. Pack a dinner, pull out a blanket and enjoy a great night of free entertainment lakeside. Concerts are held on Tuesdays at 7 PM beginning June-August. Food and beverage (beer and wine) and small charcoal grills are allowed (no glass please.)
In the event of inclement weather, some concerts will be moved to Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock Street. Decisions are made at 4 PM. Outside food and beverage not permitted at Park Place. June 5, July 3 and July 31 concerts will be cancelled due to space restrictions.
|June 5||Crystal Lake Community Band|
|June 12||Final Say (Pop Cover Band)
|June 19||Billy Croft & the 5 Alarm Band (Country)|
|June 26||1976 (Classic Rock)
|July 3||Voices in Harmony|
|July 10||Johnny Russler & the Beach Bum Band (Caribbean)
|July 17||Rosie and the Rivets ('50s & '60s)|
|July 24||R-Gang (R&B - Motown)|
|July 31||Crystal Lake Community Band|
|August 7||Feel Good Party Band (Top 40's)|
FIREWORKS CONCERT: Crystal Lake Community Band & Voices in Harmony
Saturday, July 7 - 7 PM (Rain Date: July 14)
Please park in the following areas for concert evenings: Main Beach parking lot, grass triangle across the street from the Lakeside Legacy property and South Elementary. Please do not park at the boat gate, Lakeside Legacy property or Seminary Park.
THANK YOU PARTNERS
Kids Party in the Park FEATURING
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2018 7 PM - 10 PM
MAIN BEACH - 300 LAKESHORE DRIVE
A free summer evening on the lake with lots of kid's games and activities, entertainment and ice cream eating contest! Bring your blanket as you snuggle under the stars and watch the blockbuster movie COCO. In case of inclement weather, we will move to the Main Beach Pavilion Room.
Star 105 will be on hand to keep the party going! Don't miss this FREE, FUN event!
Todd Downing performs featuring a puppet show, songs on his guitar and other silliness that will keep your 2-10 year old enthralled.
|8PM||Baskin Robbins Crystal Lake hosts their annual ice cream eating contest! Kids ages 5-9 are welcome to register at STAR105.COM (look under calendar of events). Limited Openings - you will receive an email to confirm availability.
|DUSK||Disney/Pixar's blockbuster animated movie COCO will play at the band shell.
Colonel Palmer House - 660 E. Terra Cotta Road
Travel back in time as we celebrate the 19th Century and all its wonder. Each summer, the Colonel Palmer House creates a fun, interactive and informative event featuring a topic of the era such as farming, transportation, the Civil War and more. Our costumed staff will make you feel like you were there! Each Summer Sunday is held rain or shine from 1-4 PM and is free to everyone.
Celebrate the 160th birthday of the historic Colonel Palmer House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Henrietta and Gustavus Palmer will welcome you to their new, stately home that was expertly crafted by architect and mason Andrew Jackson Simons. Learn about the construction of the home, including ongoing efforts to preserve and restore the cobblestone foundation in a historically proper manner. Meet John Deere (portrayed by historian Brian "Fox" Ellis) to learn about "modern" farm implements and techniques. Join in on a barn raising, wagon rides and farm life.
Visit an era of pioneers and settlers as McHenry County changes from a rugged frontier into a rapidly growing cluster of farms and villages. Experience life on the trail inside a covered wagon and see what the settlers found in this new land. What did they bring for the journey? What did they eat on the trail? Meet some of our earliest settlers - you will recognize their names! Where did they come from? What legacy did they leave?
When the State of Illinois was established 200 years ago, what is now McHenry County was unchartered and was inhabited primarily by Native Americans, trappers and traders. Join us on a trip from Kaskaskia to Lake Michigan as we follow the rivers in the footsteps of early explorers and adventurers. Collect treasures along the route and match wits with the brave settlers. Learn about famous Illinoisans, discoveries and inventions that were made in Illinois. Presented in cooperation with the Crystal Lake Public Library.
CRYSTAL LAKE PARK DISTRICT Kite Fest
sunday, SEPTEMBER 16, 2018 10 am - 2 pm
LIPPOLD PARK LACROSSE FIELDS - 851 W. ROUTE 176
Hang on to your string as we fly kites up, up in the sky! Our Lippold Park Soccer Fields are speckled with colorful kites in assorted styles and sizes. Watch professional kite flyers give us a spectacular show with colorful, 25 foot kites. You may purchase a professional kite or build our free paper kite handed out to the first 250 kids on site. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy watching the kites. Rain or shine!
Truck or Treat
saturday, october 27, 2018 10 am - 12 pm
MAIN BEACH - 300 LAKESHORE DRIVE
Throw on your Halloween costume and come out for our annual Truck or Treat bash. Dozens of trucks, construction and safety vehicles are on hand for your little tykes to climb on, in and around...while getting Halloween treats! In our Main Beach Pavilion we offer free carnival games to keep your goblins busy. Don't forget to bring your favorite Halloween bag to collect your candy.
THANK YOU SPONSORS
PUZZLEPALOOZA! JIGSAW PUZZLE TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2018-TBD 10 AM - 2 PM
THE RACKET CLUB - 9101 S. ROUTE 31, ALGONQUIN 847-658-5688
Teams (up to 4 people) race against each other to complete the same 500 piece puzzle. Bring snacks and enjoy an afternoon with family or friends. Ice cream sundae bar for all participants provided by Baskin Robbins Crystal Lake. Awesome prizes for winners. ALL AGES WELCOME
THANK YOU BASKIN ROBBINS CRYSTAL LAKE FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!
GRAND OAKS RECREATION CENTER - 1401 W. ROUTE 176
Our elves greet you at Santa's Workshop with an exciting map which guides you to all of the activity stations. Events change each year but some past favorites include writing a letter to Santa, making reindeer food and playing bingo or games. Snacks, holiday treats and the HO-HO-HO himself are on hand to make this a magical afternoon with your kids.
Do you have the Clark Griswold complex? Sign up for our HOLIDAY LIGHTS competition and get rewarded for your hard work. We are pushovers for twinkle lights and plastic Santas! CLPD staff will judge your home on Wednesday, December 20 between 5-7 pm. First 10 homes registered will be judged. Trophy and gift basket is awarded to each winning home. For more information contact Jessica Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2019 - tbd 8 AM
CRYSTAL LAKE/MAIN BEACH PAVILION - 300 LAKESHORE DRIVE
A 48-year tradition in Crystal Lake, the Chili Open features a traditional 9-hole golf tournament held on our frozen Crystal Lake! This February tournament is steeped in generations of memories. Foursomes receive a great gift and chance to win prizes throughout the day.
Forts on the Courts
SATURDAY, MARCH 2019 TBD 6:30-8:30 PM
THE RACKET CLUB - 9101 S. ROUTE 31, ALGONQUIN
The Racket Club introduced its first Fort Building battle in March 2017 which turned out to be a great success! Teams made up of family and friends are given three sheets of cardboard (96 w x 48 h) and one roll of duct tape to design and build a fort of their choice. Additional materials are allowed to finish the masterpiece. This battle combines quality time, team work and creativity to ultimate heights. Gift baskets were awarded to the MOST LIKELY TO SURVIVE AND EARTHQUAKE, BEST THEME and FAN FAVORITE. A complimentary ice cream bar from Baskin Robbins Crystal Lake finishes off a fun-tastic March evening!
THANK YOU BASKIN ROBBINS CRYSTAL LAKE FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!
Breakfast with the Bunny
SATURDAY, MARCH 24, 2018 9:30-11 AM
PARK PLACE BANQUETS - 406 W. WOODSTOCK ST.
Hop on in for a breakfast celebrating Easter and all of its jellybean wonder. Traditional breakfast buffet includes eggs, pancakes, sausage, hash browns, muffins, fruit, milk, juice and coffee. Our Easter Bunny will bounce through the room making stops at each table. After making the rounds, the bunny will be seated so you can take a photo and capture the holiday moment. Small crafts will be given to children 2 years and older to keep them occupied. Each family member must pre-register ($12 per person/children under 24 months are free) and all children should be accompanied by an adult. Sorry, no reserved seats.
- Apr 20 Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office Begins Saturday Hours for Summer Season
- Apr 20 Meet up the First Wednesday of the Month for Walking Club
- Apr 17 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for April 22
- Apr 17 Watch for the Summer Brochure in the Mail! Registration Opens May 1
- Apr 17 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Opens for Season on April 21
- Apr 17 Dates Announced for Drop-In Program for Crafters
- Apr 12 American Tango is the Featured Dance for April 28 Event
- Apr 02 First Saturday at Colonel Palmer House on April 7 features Scouting Around
- Apr 02 Nominate Crystal Lake to Receive a $20K Grant during Earth Month
- Apr 02 Crystal Lake Park District Day Camp Open House Scheduled for May 5
- Mar 30 Crystal Lake Park District Staff Receives Award at NISRA Recognition Banquet
- Mar 19 Crystal Lake Park District Honored with Certificate of Achievement For Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Mar 14 Join us on March 18 for Volunteer Work Day at Sterne's Woods
- Mar 14 Register by April 2 for Family Game NIght
- Mar 14 Adult Line Country Line Dance Party on March 17 includes Lesson
- Mar 14 Rumba is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults
- Mar 12 Register by March 14 for Doggy Egg Hunt
- Mar 01 Crystal Lake Park District’s Sam Thompson Receives National Service Award from the American Camp Association
- Feb 22 Still Time to Register for Spring Session of Crystal Lake Park District Cooking and Baking Classes
- Feb 22 Registration Deadline: March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Feb 22 Community Garden Plots Available at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Register for Spring Session of Beyond the Bell at Husmann and West Elementary
- Feb 22 Limited Team Spots Still Available for Forts on the Courts
- Feb 16 Join us February 25 for Bonfire! Food at the Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 31 Colonel Palmer House to Host Two Valentine’s Inspired Events
- Jan 25 Applications Due by March 31 for Walk Herrick, Sr. Memorial Foundation Junior Tennis Scholarship
- Jan 24 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Two District 47 Schools to Offer Beyond the Bell
- Jan 24 February 23 Live Music Entertainment at Park Place features Ivy Ford
- Jan 24 Drop-In Pickleball Offered at The Racket Club
- Jan 24 Reister by March 12 for 2nd Annual Forts on the Courts Family/Team Event
- Jan 24 January 27 at Grand Oaks-Adult Country Line Dance Party
- Jan 16 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Jan 16 Don’t PASS up the Opportunity to be a Part of the Crystal Lake Park District Cake Decorating Class on Jan 20
- Jan 16 Register by March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Jan 15 Join us on January 21 for a Bonfire! Food! Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 15 Chili Open Golf Classic is a Crystal Lake Tradition-Get Your Tee Time Today!
- Jan 15 Register by January 30 for the 2018 Snowbird Softball Tournament
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Now Hiring for Summer Seasonal Jobs
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ice Rink and Sledding Locations for Winter Fun
- Jan 15 Indoor Walking Option at The Racket Club -Monday thru Friday
- Jan 12 Register by March 20 for Breakfast with the Bunny
- Dec 28 FREE Music and Dancing at Park Place Banquet in January and February
- Dec 28 Enroll Now for 1st Session of Winter Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 28 Registration Deadline January 15, 4th-6th Grade Boys After School Basketball League
- Dec 28 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Dec 11 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for December 17 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Dec 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 11 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Dance Programs for Adults in Winter/Spring Season
- Nov 21 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Dance Mix Party on December 3
- Nov 21 Watch for the Winter/Spring brochure in the mail after December 1
- Nov 13 Still time to Register-Enjoy a Holiday Brunch with Friends on December 7 at Grand Oaks Active Senior Center
- Nov 13 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to ‘Light Up’ Crystal Lake In Holiday Decorating Contest
- Nov 13 Classic Christmas Bedtime Stories for Kids Ages 3-10
- Nov 13 Register by November 29 for Santa's Workshop
- Nov 13 Letters to Santa Program is a Crystal Lake Park District Tradition
- Nov 13 Register by December 22 for Family Noon Years Eve
- Nov 13 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 -FREE Family Halloween Fun at Main Beach on October 28- Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Oct 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for October 22 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Institute Day Fun for Ages 5-13
- Oct 17 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ballroom and Social Dancing Program for Adults
- Oct 17 FREE Big Band Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place on October 20
- Oct 17 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Cooking Demonstration with Chef Dave Esau
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Competition is Heating Up 17 Teams Registered for Puzzle Palooza!
- Oct 02 Park District Invites Residents to Attend State of the Lake Meeting on October 30
- Oct 02 Drop-In Tot Open Gym Returns for Fall 2017 Program Season at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 02 October 14: Adult Line Dance Party -Learn the basics with an introductory lesson-
- Sep 23 Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project Meeting Scheduled for October 5
- Sep 18 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for September 24 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Sep 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Sep 11 FREE Family Fun at Black Diamond Kite Fest
- Sep 11 East Coast Swing is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults - Program includes complimentary dance le
- Sep 11 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to Participate in the Haunted Home Decorating Contest
- Sep 11 Are you a Puzzle Pro? Put a Team Together and Test Your Jigsaw Skills Against the Best at Puzzle Palooza!
- Sep 11 Music Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place in October
- Sep 08 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Sep 08 Crystal Lake Park District Begins Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project
- Sep 06 Main Beach Bricks Available for Pick Up NOW
- Aug 30 Home School Expo at Park Place Cancelled
- Aug 30 Crystal Lake Park District Hosts 21st Annual Crystal Lake Half Marathon -Volunteer Help Needed-
- Aug 30 Wanna Get a Little Nutty? Collect acorns on behalf of the Crystal Lake Park District Environmental Committee!
- Aug 18 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Aug 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for August 27 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Aug 17 Lunch and Learn Series Returns to Colonel Palmer House for Fall Program Season
- Aug 17 Ol’ Time Wagon Rides a Fall Tradition at Sterne’s Woods
- Aug 17 Main Beach Renovation Project Update for Playground Brick Owners
- Aug 16 Girls After School Basketball League (Ages 9-11) A Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Highlight
- Aug 16 Crystal Lake Park District Seeks Vendors for Home School Expo at Park Place
- Aug 16 Working Parents Have Childcare Options with Crystal Lake Park District Extended Time Programs for 2017-2018 School Year
- Aug 04 Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Brochure to Be Mailed To Residents
- Aug 01 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Chance to Try a Fitness Class for Free in August
- Jul 31 Crystal Lake Open to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Facility Closings Due to Flooding
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Appointment of Park Board Commissioner, Julie Martens
- Jul 26 Crystal Lake Closed to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 24 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Approved by Board of Commissioners
- Jul 20 Open Water Swim Race CANCELLED
- Jul 17 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species on Crystal Lake on July 18
- Jul 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for July 23 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Jul 11 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House continues on July 16 With ‘CPH Country Fair’
- Jul 11 Food Vendors Named for Blast on the Beach
- Jul 11 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Class
- Jul 10 West Bay Herbicide Treatment Scheduled for July 11
- Jul 10 July 12 is ‘Everyday Hero Day’ at Crystal Lake Park District Summer Camp
- Jun 21 Special Event Dates Affecting Main Beach Boat Launch Key Card Holders
- Jun 21 Craft Fair Vendors Needed at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram/Crystal Lake Park District Blast on the Beach
- Jun 17 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Black Diamond to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- May 25 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 24 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Offers Boomers Golf Drop-In Special
- May 24 Crystal Castle and Acorn Alley Splash Pad Hours of Operation
- May 23 Main and West Beaches Open on May 27
- May 23 Exciting New Additions to Concerts in the Park Series
- May 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 4
- May 23 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness and Yoga Classes at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 26 Crystal Lake Main Beach Passes on Sale May 8
- Apr 25 Garden Plots at Hill Farm Acres
- Apr 25 Summer Camp registration now open at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 15 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Available for Public Review
- Apr 21 Un-Finished Craft Object Drop In (UFO) Grand Oaks, 1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- Apr 21 Crystal Lake Park District Lippold Park Family Golf Center Opens for Season on April 21 1251 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- Apr 22 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day Sterne's outdoor pavilion, 5617 Hillside Dr, Crystal Lake
- Apr 22 Voices in Harmony Wine Tasting Fundraiser 1776 Restaurant
- Apr 24 Essential Oils Admin. Bldg., 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Apr 25 EZ Sitting Country Line Dance Grand Oaks, 1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- Apr 25 Mud Pies Meet at the Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Apr 26 Intro to Fishing Meet at the Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Apr 27 Crystal Lake Park District Summer Brochure Coming Your Way!
- Apr 27 Murder Mystery transportation from Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock St, Crystal Lake