The Administrative Building at 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM -5 PM and Saturdays, April 1-July 29, 9:30 AM-NOON
2018 Walk-In Fisherman Keycard
Available and valid January 2-December 31, 2018
Park District Residents Only
Fee: $25 per calendar year
The Park District offers gate key cards to residents who want to fish at Main or West Park beaches before the park opens at 9 AM. Keys allow for entrance through the park's special walk-in gates. Watercraft and boats of any size are NOT allowed through the walk-in gates. All watercraft must enter through the boat gate. Daily admission fees apply to the boat gate keyholder and all guests wanting to use the beach and swimming areas at either beach. Beginning September 4, 2018 fee is half price.
Please note: in order to purchase a key you must provide proof of residency.
2018 Boat Gate Keycard
Available and valid January 2-December 31, 2018
Park District Residents Only
Fee: $75 per calendar year, Senior 60 & Older $37.50 Please note: Beginning September 4, 2018 fee is half price.
Bring in your old boat gate keycard and receive $5 off your new keycard.
Park District boat owners must purchase a new keycard each year to use the Main or West Park launch ramps. All watercraft must enter through the boat gate. Daily admission fees apply to the boat gate keyholder and all guests wanting to use the beach and swimming areas at either beach. Replacement fee for lost cards of current card holders: $10.
Please note: in order to purchase a card you must provide all of the following documents in person:
- Current Illinois Driver's License
- Illinois Watercraft Registration Card
- Keycard Fee
Sailboat Dry Storage
Available April 1-October 28, 2018
Park District Residents Only
The Park District has 18 boat stalls available for rental in the West Park dry storage compound. The compound which is lit to provide better security can only accommodate sailboats 16 feet or under that do not have a catamaran-style hull. Only one boat can be stored in each stall. Registration for dry storage spaces begins April 2 and will be leased on a first-come, first-served basis. Sailboats may be stored beginning April 3 and must be removed from storage on or before October 28. One dry storage slip per household.
In order to rent a stall, you must provide the following documents in person:
- Current Illinois Driver's License
- Illinois Watercraft Registration Card
- Storage Fee*
*Storage fee includes a key for the compound, but does not include a key card for the boat gate. Boaters wanting to access the lake must purchase a separate boat gate key card.
Hound Town is a three-acre park located in the heart of the Lippold Park Sport Complex. It is a place where dogs can socialize and run off leash. The park is entirely fenced and is open year-round, dawn to dusk.
GATE KEY CARD
Crystal Lake Park District residents and non-residents may purchase a key card at the Administration Office.
You will need to bring the following documents in person:
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Rabies vaccination from your veterinarian
Please note: Beginning September 4, 2018 fee is half price.
|Rates||First Dog||Each Additional Dog|
|Resident Fee||$30||$ 6|
|Senior Resident Fee (Age 60+)||$15||$ 3|
|Senior Non-Resident Fee (Age 60+)||$30||$ 3|
2018 Illinois Sports Licenses
Illinois Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping Licenses, Stamps and Permits
Illinois licenses run on an April 1 to March 31 calendar season. Licenses are available for purchase at our Administration office during business hours. Identification, such as previous year's sports license or driver's license is required. For your initial electronic purchase, a Social Security number is required.
Under 16 Years Old: Residents and non-residents under 16 are not required to buy a fishing license, migratory waterfowl stamp or federal duck stamp. To purchase a hunting license, students are required to pass a Hunter Safety Certification course.
Illinois Water Usage Stamps
Non-motorized watercraft, canoe, kayak, paddle boat, or sail board in Illinois are no longer required to be titled/registered in Illinois unless the vessel has a motor or a sail.
You are now required to purchase a 'Water Usage Stamp' for $6 per calendar year for each of the first three vessels, and $3 each for any additional vessels.
Please note: An agent fee of $.50 will be charged per vessel. The stamps are good for one year and expire on December 31. Your stamp can be adhered anywhere on the interior or exterior of the vessel as long as it is visible. Water usage stamps are available for purchase at the Administration Office during hours.
Hill Farm Acres Garden Plots
Hill Farm Acres is located at 695 Barlina Road, behind Barlina House Preschool and Barn.
Garden plot dimensions: 20' x 40'
Growing season: May 1-October 31
January 2-Feb 28 (5 pm): 2017 plot holders may purchase plot from last year
Mar 1-3: Current plot owners may switch to new plots
Mar 6-17: Plots are available on a first come, first serve basis to residents
Beginning Mar 20: open to the public
Registration/reservation is in person only at the Crystal Lake Park District Administration Building located at 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue during the hours of 8:30 AM -5 PM, Monday-Friday.
Gardeners will receive plot assignments at time of registration along with the plot guidelines/soil preparation for our organic gardens. An email needs to be provided at time of registration to receive up-to-date information during the growing year. Questions? Contact Jennifer Peterson at email@example.com.
|RESIDENT SENIOR FEE (AGE 60+)||$20|
|NON-RESIDENT SENIOR FEE (AGE 60+)||$35|
Need a gift idea? Gift cards are available year round and can be used for classes, special events, senior trips, mini-golf and golf range, The Racket Club, Beach Pass or Boat Gate Key and Hound Town Key. Purchase gift cards in person at the Administration Building, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5 PM, Saturday (Apr 1-July 29) 9:30 AM-12 PM.
The Crystal Lake Park District recognizes that there are families in our community who suffer economic setbacks which prevent their children from joining our programs. We offer class scholarships to help those in need. One week notice is required for review of scholarship application. For more information, please call Kim Buscemi, 815-459-0680, x1217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorials and Donations
The Crystal Lake Park District offers options to purchase a personal dedication in our parks:
Your tree will be planted in Ken Bird Park, located on Thomasville Lane between Village Road and Miller Road.
Shade Tree Options
Paperbark Maple, Kentucky Coffee, State Street Maple, Ironwood, Freeman Maple, Buckeye, Marmo Maple, Swamp White Oak, Sugar Maple, Red Oak, Hybrid Elm, Gingko, Ivory Silk Tree, Lilac Cucumber Magnolia, Tri Color Beech, American Century Linden.
Your will be contacted to discuss order details. A gift card commemorating your donation will be sent to a person of your choice and you will receive notice after the tree has been planted.
Orders placed before May 15 will be planted in the spring. Orders placed between May 15 and October 15 will be planted in the fall. It is not possible to specify an exact date of planting. If the tree dies within the first year after planting, it will be replaced at not charge. Replacements after one year are optional, and the donor is responsible for the cost. The cost of the tree includes planting and maintenance. To protect the tree from damage and disease, and to reduce littering, donors may not decorate the tree or leave personal mementos at the planting site.
Tree donations are publicly recognized with an engraved brass leaf that is placed on the Tree of Life in the Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office. For an additional fee, a tree marker can be made with your customized message and placed by the tree. Please note: as of January 1, 2018 plaques are not longer allowed to be placed in or around the tree.
Park benches may also be donated. The bench size, location and style is determined by the park district. A small plaque will be installed on the seat back of the bench at no charge. Benches can be installed year-round as weather permits. Please allow 8-10 weeks for installation.
HOW TO DONATE
If you would like to consider a tree memorial for 2018, download the Tree Memorial Information form. Credit card payments must be made in person at the Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office. You will be contacted when your order is received to discuss the details. A gift card commemorating your donation will be sent to the person of your choice and you will receive a notice after the tree has been planted.
- Jun 12 Register Now for Summer Cooking Classes
- Jun 12 Crystal Lake Park District Main Beach Phase 2 Survey Now Open
- Jun 04 Crystal Lake Park District Board of Commissioners Seeking Candidate
- Jun 04 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species Scheduled on June 6 on Crystal Lake
- May 17 Family Campout Slated for June 15-16 at Main Beach
- May 17 Teens! Get the Right Skills to Land a Job Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Classes
- May 17 Group and Private Sailing Lessons with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 17 Summer Tennis Lessons for Ages 5-Adult With the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 16 Still Time to Register for Summer Sessions of Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 16 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 14 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 14 Register now for Open Water Swim Race Slated at Crystal Lake on June 9-CANCELLED
- May 14 Concerts in the Park Begins on Tuesday, June 5
- May 14 2018 Public Beach Spring Herbicide Treatments Scheduled
- May 14 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 3
- May 14 Mark Your Calendar for May 26-Main and West Beach Opening Day
- May 14 Crystal Lake Park District Announces NEW Special Event at Main Beach Beach Bash on June 23
- May 14 Drop in and Planned Activities for seniors at the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 11 Mark Your Calendar for May 20 Sterne's Volunteer Work Day
- May 10 May 19 is Opening Day for the NEW Crystal Lake Park District Main Beach Playground
- May 09 Enroll Now for Summer Session of Dance Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 20 Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office Begins Saturday Hours for Summer Season
- Apr 20 Meet up the First Wednesday of the Month for Walking Club
- Apr 17 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for April 22
- Apr 17 Watch for the Summer Brochure in the Mail! Registration Opens May 1
- Apr 17 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Opens for Season on April 21
- Apr 17 Dates Announced for Drop-In Program for Crafters
- Apr 12 American Tango is the Featured Dance for April 28 Event
- Apr 02 First Saturday at Colonel Palmer House on April 7 features Scouting Around
- Apr 02 Nominate Crystal Lake to Receive a $20K Grant during Earth Month
- Apr 02 Crystal Lake Park District Day Camp Open House Scheduled for May 5
- Mar 30 Crystal Lake Park District Staff Receives Award at NISRA Recognition Banquet
- Mar 19 Crystal Lake Park District Honored with Certificate of Achievement For Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Mar 14 Join us on March 18 for Volunteer Work Day at Sterne's Woods
- Mar 14 Register by April 2 for Family Game NIght
- Mar 14 Adult Line Country Line Dance Party on March 17 includes Lesson
- Mar 14 Rumba is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults
- Mar 12 Register by March 14 for Doggy Egg Hunt
- Mar 01 Crystal Lake Park District’s Sam Thompson Receives National Service Award from the American Camp Association
- Feb 22 Still Time to Register for Spring Session of Crystal Lake Park District Cooking and Baking Classes
- Feb 22 Registration Deadline: March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Feb 22 Community Garden Plots Available at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Register for Spring Session of Beyond the Bell at Husmann and West Elementary
- Feb 22 Limited Team Spots Still Available for Forts on the Courts
- Feb 16 Join us February 25 for Bonfire! Food at the Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 31 Colonel Palmer House to Host Two Valentine’s Inspired Events
- Jan 25 Applications Due by March 31 for Walk Herrick, Sr. Memorial Foundation Junior Tennis Scholarship
- Jan 24 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Two District 47 Schools to Offer Beyond the Bell
- Jan 24 February 23 Live Music Entertainment at Park Place features Ivy Ford
- Jan 24 Drop-In Pickleball Offered at The Racket Club
- Jan 24 Reister by March 12 for 2nd Annual Forts on the Courts Family/Team Event
- Jan 24 January 27 at Grand Oaks-Adult Country Line Dance Party
- Jan 16 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Jan 16 Don’t PASS up the Opportunity to be a Part of the Crystal Lake Park District Cake Decorating Class on Jan 20
- Jan 16 Register by March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Jan 15 Join us on January 21 for a Bonfire! Food! Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 15 Chili Open Golf Classic is a Crystal Lake Tradition-Get Your Tee Time Today!
- Jan 15 Register by January 30 for the 2018 Snowbird Softball Tournament
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Now Hiring for Summer Seasonal Jobs
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ice Rink and Sledding Locations for Winter Fun
- Jan 15 Indoor Walking Option at The Racket Club -Monday thru Friday
- Jan 12 Register by March 20 for Breakfast with the Bunny
- Dec 28 FREE Music and Dancing at Park Place Banquet in January and February
- Dec 28 Enroll Now for 1st Session of Winter Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 28 Registration Deadline January 15, 4th-6th Grade Boys After School Basketball League
- Dec 28 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Dec 11 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for December 17 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Dec 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 11 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Dance Programs for Adults in Winter/Spring Season
- Nov 21 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Dance Mix Party on December 3
- Nov 21 Watch for the Winter/Spring brochure in the mail after December 1
- Nov 13 Still time to Register-Enjoy a Holiday Brunch with Friends on December 7 at Grand Oaks Active Senior Center
- Nov 13 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to ‘Light Up’ Crystal Lake In Holiday Decorating Contest
- Nov 13 Classic Christmas Bedtime Stories for Kids Ages 3-10
- Nov 13 Register by November 29 for Santa's Workshop
- Nov 13 Letters to Santa Program is a Crystal Lake Park District Tradition
- Nov 13 Register by December 22 for Family Noon Years Eve
- Nov 13 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 -FREE Family Halloween Fun at Main Beach on October 28- Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Oct 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for October 22 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Institute Day Fun for Ages 5-13
- Oct 17 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ballroom and Social Dancing Program for Adults
- Oct 17 FREE Big Band Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place on October 20
- Oct 17 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Cooking Demonstration with Chef Dave Esau
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Competition is Heating Up 17 Teams Registered for Puzzle Palooza!
- Oct 02 Park District Invites Residents to Attend State of the Lake Meeting on October 30
- Oct 02 Drop-In Tot Open Gym Returns for Fall 2017 Program Season at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 02 October 14: Adult Line Dance Party -Learn the basics with an introductory lesson-
- Sep 23 Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project Meeting Scheduled for October 5
- Sep 18 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for September 24 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Sep 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Sep 11 FREE Family Fun at Black Diamond Kite Fest
- Sep 11 East Coast Swing is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults - Program includes complimentary dance le
- Sep 11 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to Participate in the Haunted Home Decorating Contest
- Sep 11 Are you a Puzzle Pro? Put a Team Together and Test Your Jigsaw Skills Against the Best at Puzzle Palooza!
- Sep 11 Music Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place in October
- Sep 08 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Sep 08 Crystal Lake Park District Begins Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project
- Sep 06 Main Beach Bricks Available for Pick Up NOW
- Aug 30 Home School Expo at Park Place Cancelled
- Aug 30 Crystal Lake Park District Hosts 21st Annual Crystal Lake Half Marathon -Volunteer Help Needed-
- Aug 30 Wanna Get a Little Nutty? Collect acorns on behalf of the Crystal Lake Park District Environmental Committee!
- Aug 18 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Aug 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for August 27 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Aug 17 Lunch and Learn Series Returns to Colonel Palmer House for Fall Program Season
- Aug 17 Ol’ Time Wagon Rides a Fall Tradition at Sterne’s Woods
- Aug 17 Main Beach Renovation Project Update for Playground Brick Owners
- Aug 16 Girls After School Basketball League (Ages 9-11) A Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Highlight
- Aug 16 Crystal Lake Park District Seeks Vendors for Home School Expo at Park Place
- Aug 16 Working Parents Have Childcare Options with Crystal Lake Park District Extended Time Programs for 2017-2018 School Year
- Aug 04 Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Brochure to Be Mailed To Residents
- Aug 01 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Chance to Try a Fitness Class for Free in August
- Jul 31 Crystal Lake Open to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Facility Closings Due to Flooding
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Appointment of Park Board Commissioner, Julie Martens
- Jul 26 Crystal Lake Closed to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 24 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Approved by Board of Commissioners
- Jul 20 Open Water Swim Race CANCELLED
- Jul 17 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species on Crystal Lake on July 18
- Jul 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for July 23 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Jul 11 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House continues on July 16 With ‘CPH Country Fair’
- Jul 11 Food Vendors Named for Blast on the Beach
- Jul 11 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Class
- Jul 10 West Bay Herbicide Treatment Scheduled for July 11
- Jul 10 July 12 is ‘Everyday Hero Day’ at Crystal Lake Park District Summer Camp
- Jun 21 Special Event Dates Affecting Main Beach Boat Launch Key Card Holders
- Jun 21 Craft Fair Vendors Needed at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram/Crystal Lake Park District Blast on the Beach
- Jun 17 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Black Diamond to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- May 25 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 24 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Offers Boomers Golf Drop-In Special
- May 24 Crystal Castle and Acorn Alley Splash Pad Hours of Operation
- May 23 Main and West Beaches Open on May 27
- May 23 Exciting New Additions to Concerts in the Park Series
- May 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 4
- May 23 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness and Yoga Classes at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 26 Crystal Lake Main Beach Passes on Sale May 8
- Apr 25 Garden Plots at Hill Farm Acres
- Apr 25 Summer Camp registration now open at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 15 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Available for Public Review
- Jun 18 Chicao Pedway & Pizza Trip transporation from Park Place
- Jun 20 Fishing Workshop The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Jun 20 Awesome Gluten Free Cooking Woodscreek Park
- Jun 21 Nature Tots The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Jun 21 Mindfulness Through Art at Main Beach Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystal Lake
- Jun 22 Qi Gong with Meditation Relaxation Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystdal Lake
- Jun 22 Confetti Gourmet-LIttle Pies & Tarts Confetti Gourmet Academy
- Jun 23 Crystal Lake Park District Beach Bash Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystal Lake
- Jun 23 Hanging with our Heron Photo Contest Crystal Lake Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystdal Lake
- Jun 24 Wanders at Wingate The Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake