FREE truck or treat
SAT OCT 28, 2023 10 AM-12 PM
MAIN BEACH, 300 LAKESHORE DR, CL
Jump into your Halloween costumes and head over to Main Beach for a morning of trick or treating! Climb aboard some of the neat trucks on display! Don't forget your treat bag! Rain or shine.
SUN NOV 5, 10-12 Pm or 1:30-3:30 pm
GRAND OAKS REC CENTER, 1401 W. ROUTE 176, CL
10 am-12 pm (teams who have placed in previous tournaments or want to be challenged)
Do you think you have what it takes to be a puzzle champ! This highly popular event will amaze the best of puzzlers! 2 and 4 person teams race against each other to finish the same 500 piece jigsaw puzzle first. The four person teams finish in about 50-70 minutes, depending on the difficulty of the puzzle. Snacks are allowed and after awards are presented, puzzlers may enjoy a sundae bar provided by our friends at Baskin Robbins Crystal Lake.
FEE: $30 PER TEAM
nov 29- dec 2, 4:30-7:30 PM
VETERAN ACRES, 431 N. WALKUP
Enjoy a breathtaking stroll under the stars as we light a trail through Veteran Acres!
Wed Nov 29-Fri Dec 1: walk the lit trail (no activities)
Sat Dec 2: Campfires, Hot Cocoa, Cookies, Candy Cane Forest and Mrs. Claus!
$1 per person/$5 per family donation appreciated. Donations are purposed for future Nature Center education programs.
free LETTERS TO SANTA
Have you been a good boy or girl? Write a letter to the "Big Guy" and get a letter back from the North Pole! Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your letter. Letters cannot be returned. Deadline: Dec 8
Mail to: Santa, c/o Crystal Lake Park District, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
A NORMAL ROCKWELL TEA
SAT DEC 16 & SUN DEC 17
COLONEL PALMER HOUSE, 660 E. TERRA COTTA AVENUE
"Without thinking too much about it in specific terms, I was showing the America I knew and observed to others who might not have noticed." ~ Norman Rockwell
Celebrate the season remembering a legendary artist who encapsulates the nostalgia of American holiday traditions.
Two seatings each day!
$30 R/$39 NR per person
Ages 5 & Up
FREE summer sing-a-longs
free UNPLUG AFTER DARK
JUL 2024, 8-10 PM
VETERAN ACRES, 431 WALKUP RD, CL
Join us for a technology-free evening outdoors as we recognize Unplug Illinois Day!
We'll host a flashlight scavenger hunt, craft, campfires with music, Nature Center exploration, late night treat and fun bug collection.
Be sure to bring your flashlight and pick up a scavenger hunt kit at the Nature Center or Rotary Building.
Park at Veteran Acres. Alternate lots include the Nature Center and Oakwoods Lodge.
Check out rainoutline.com in case of inclement weather.
free COPS 'N BOBBERS fishing derby
check back for 2024 date
SHAMROCK HILLS PARK, 6204 HILLSIDE RD, CL
Let's get fishing! Join us for a morning of fishing with some of our favorite local law enforcement! Bring your own rods or borrow one of ours.
Prizes awarded for first fish caught, largest fish, smallest fish and most fish!
Bait will be provided.FLYER
FREE Concerts in the Park
Tuesdays, June-August, 7 pm
MAIN BEACH, 300 LAKESHORE DR, CL
Each week the Crystal Lake Park District hosts a regional band to perform at Main Beach. Pull out a blanket and enjoy a great night of free entertainment lakeside. Concerts are held on Tuesdays at 7 PM beginning June-August. Food and beverage (beer and wine) and small charcoal grills are allowed (no glass please.) In the event of inclement weather, decision to reschedule the concert will be made by 4 pm. Check status by calling 815.410.4475 ext 6.
Please park in the following areas for concert evenings: Main Beach parking lot, grass triangle across the street from the Lakeside Arts in the Park (Dole Mansion) and South Elementary. Please do not park at the boat gate, Dole Mansion or Seminary Park.
NO BEACH ADMISSION ALL DAY!
free Monarchs and Music
SUN AUG 11, 2023, 12:30-4:30 PM
MAIN BEACH - 300 LAKESHORE DRIVE, CL
Migrate to the beach for the afternoon to enjoy Monarch Mania and learn all about Monarchs. A Monarch extravaganza with butterfly and pollinator plants information, face painting, science table activities, art activities, a big migration route map, information on how Mexico, Canada and USA are collaborating! We will have pollinator plants available for you to purchase from our participating nurseries.
1-4:30 pm: Community Band Showcase
The Crystal Lake Community Band hosts a music showcase at the band shell featuring performances by local bands and ensembles.
Hosted by the Monarch Coalition and the Crystal Lake Park District.
- Sep 22 Lippold Park Seal Coating Project Updates-Week of Sept 25
- Sep 19 Registration Open for Girls & Boys Basketball Leagues
- Sep 15 Fishing Line Recycling Receptacles a Success
- Sep 11 Two NEW Workshops for Adults
- Sep 07 NEW Programs & Events at Colonel Palmer House
- Sep 03 Enroll Now for Fall Session of Dance
- Sep 03 Social Dance Nights at Grand Oaks Plus Line Dancing Class & Couples Social Dance
- Sep 02 Youth Athletics Classes Begin Sept 9
- Sep 01 Women's Golf Clinic Begins Sept 3 at Lippold Family Golf Center
- Aug 21 Snake Study Update-a collaboration with McHenry County College Biology Students
- Aug 21 Online Registration Down for Upgrades Tu, Aug 22 at 3 pm-Wed, Aug 23
- Aug 15 Fall 2023 Registration Now Open
- Aug 11 It's A GO-Caddyshack is ON for Tonight, Fri Aug 11
- Aug 02 Community Input Survey-Della Street Park Renovations plus Community Input Meeting on Aug 16
- Jul 26 Caddyshack-Movie in the Park on Aug 11-Costume Contest Added to the Event
- Jul 25 Additional Date Added to Crystal Lake Park District Concert in the Park Schedule
- Jul 25 Public Invited to Peter Pan Jr Performance by Musical Theatre Camp
- Jul 24 July/August Programs at Colonel Palmer House
- Jul 14 Group Sailing Lessons Begin July 24
- Jul 14 Summer Hapkido and Women’s Self Defense Clinic
- Jul 07 July/August Nature Center Programs & Events
- Jul 05 Cops N Bobbers Gary Svejcar Fishing Derby for Kids on July 30
- Jul 05 Women’s Self Defense Clinic on July 22
- Jul 04 Crystal Lake Park District Adult Camp (21+)
- Jul 03 Swim Lessons Sess 2 begin July 10
- Jul 03 Save the Date-Sat, Jul 15, to UNPLUG After Dark at Veteran Acres
- Jun 29 Everything You Need to Know to Enjoy the Crystal Lake Parade and Fireworks Celebration
- Jun 27 Summer Tennis Lessons for Ages 5-Adult Session 3 begins Jul 17
- Jun 27 Crystal Lake Fireworks Info Plus Wristband Pre-Purchase Info
- Jun 26 FREE Summer Sing-A-Longs on June 28 & July 15
- Jun 25 Positive Pebbles Kits Available at the Administrative Office
- Jun 08 NEW Event! Aloha Summer Sunset Celebration on June 9
- Jun 01 Crystal Lake Park District Concerts in the Park Kicks off May 30
- May 27 2023 Beach Operations-Main Beach Opens Sat, May 27
- May 05 Registration Open for Summer 2023
- Apr 24 Thank You Crystal Lake Park District Volunteers!
- Apr 10 Lippold Family Golf Center Open for Season
- Apr 06 Limited Number of Community Garden Plots Available
- Apr 05 Line Dancing Class & Social Ballroom Class plus Social Dance Nights
- Apr 04 Spots Filling Quickly for Summer Camp 2023-Register Today!
- Apr 04 Crystal Lake Park District Nature Offers Spring Programs for Tots-Adults
- Mar 15 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded Urban and Community Forestry Grant for Tree Planting
- Mar 08 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded 2022 Government Award from the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County
- Mar 07 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded $600,000 Open Space Land Acquisition and Development Grant for Development of Park on Haligus Road
- Mar 06 Social Dance Nights March 10, April 22, May 19
- Mar 06 Paint Nites and Watercolor Painting
- Mar 06 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Spring Firewood Sale on March 18
- Feb 27 Update Regarding Northwestern Medicine Healthcare Crystal Lake Fitness Center and the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Highlight the Night Son Date Night on April 28
- Feb 22 Mother Daughter Tea at Colonel Palmer House on April 30
- Feb 22 Four Winds Casino Trip and Land of Lincoln Trip Still Have Limited Spots Available
- Feb 22 New Sessions of Youth Athletics Beginning Feb 27 and Apr 24
- Feb 21 EVP Spring Break Volleyball Camp Mar 27-30
- Feb 19 Register NOW for Summer Camp!
- Feb 15 Next Session of Little Medical School Veterinarian Programs Begins March 24
- Feb 15 Summer 2023 Seasonal Jobs-NOW HIRING
- Feb 13 Register Now for Puzzle Palooza on March 19
- Feb 07 Valentine/Galentine Zumba Party Scheduled for Feb 10
- Jan 20 NEW! Galentine's Day Brunch with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Jan 20 Dates Nights for Sons and Daughters in Feburary and April
- Jan 19 Limited Spots Still Available for this Season's Adult Trips
- Jan 17 Willows Edge Park Invasive Brush Clearing Efforts Underway
- Jan 16 Snowbird Softball Tourney Team Registration Due by Jan 27
- Jan 15 EVP & Crystal Lake Park District Host Snow Volleyball Tournament
- Jan 02 Register by Jan 6 for Boys Basketball League
- Dec 23 Free Holiday Light Recycling thru December 30
- Dec 22 Winter Spring Activity Guide Available and Registration is Opens Dec 9
- Dec 07 Send Us Your Letter to Santa by December 9
- Dec 05 Holiday Break Camps for Youth and Teens
- Oct 05 Committee of the Whole Meeting Administrative Bldg, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 08 Cycling Without Age for Seniors Dole Mansion
- Oct 08 Pioneering Merit Badge Workshop Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 09 Admin Office Closed
- Oct 09 Pickleball Fall Classic Spoerl Pickleball Courts, 7610 Pingree Road
- Oct 12 Magic Rotary Building, 431 N. Walkup, Crystal Lake
- Oct 13 CL Historical Society Lunch & Learn-Known as Swedenberg Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 14 Henrietta's Harvest Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Oct 15 Nature Tots-Bat Story Time Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake
- Oct 15 Nature Explorers-Brilliant Bats Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake