The Crystal Lake Park District offers a variety of health and fitness programs throughout the year. Disciplines include Body Power, Pilates on the Mat, Bodytoning, Cardio/Circuit Boot Camp, MixxedFit(C) & Core, Zumba® and Zumba® Gold.
The Park District also features fitness classes geared just for seniors, such as Fit at 55 & Beyond Punch Pass and Super Senior Fitness.
Unleash the power to change your body with endurance weight lifting. Classes are choreographed to music which makes the class fly by. Bars with a variety of weighted plates along with free weights are used to work major muscle groups. Warm up, core strength and cool down are included in this results-driven class. Suitable for all fitness levels.
Experience Vinyasa Yoga choreographed to music with Maureen who has been guiding students toward renewed energy, flexibility, strength and balance for 15 years. Any level of fitness can begin the path to holistic well-being. Our ancient poses and breathing techniques are designed to create unity of mind, body and spirit. Improve core strength, posture and range of motion while experiencing serenity and deep relaxation. A great way to wind down after a long day! See what benefits this ancient practice holds!
MixxedFit ® is the hottest new dance craze sweeping the nation! In MixxedFit ®, we work out to our favorite songs on the radio, then we spice things up by adding boot-camp inspired exercises to make your workout more effective and challenging. Our choreography is simple, repetitive and easy to follow, which means you can naturally increase your level of intensity during your workout. You can focus on getting lost in the music rather than having to follow complicated dance steps. Whether you are fourteen or young at heart, the next Beyonce or have been wanting to dance for years, MixxedFit ® is the place for you!
You can hear the beat of the energetic Latin music pulse through your body! Zumba is a style of intense aerobic dance workout with invigorating Latin and International music. Zumba combines high energy and motivating music, along with unique moves and combinations to provide an overall workout.
Is your body just not moving like it used to? This class is tailored to the active older participant and for those just starting their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. Join this fitness class with its zesty Latin music with easy-to-follow moves that will help give you that great cardio workout in a party-like environment!
CARDIO/CIRCUIT BOOT CAMP
Looking to take your fitness routine to a new level? Join us for a morning workout incorporating both cardio and circuit fitness exercises to blast away the calories and tone your body quickly. This is a fast paced interval training overlooking our beautiful Main Beach.
Pilates on the Mat
Pilates aims to improve flexibility and stability be strengthening the muscles of the body, especially the muscles of the core. Through proper execution, you will improve overall function of the body including physical therapy techniques. Unique and effect methods will be used to get maximum results whatever your fitness goals may be. All movements can be modified for any body type and fitness level.
Fit at 55 & Beyond Punch Pass
Ages 55 +
We've got a great workout designed specifically for fantastic 50's, sizzling sixties, sensational seventies and up! During this hour long class, you will be stretching, strengthening and completing a light cardio workout while using exercise equipment, participating in fun activities and implementing various exercise techniques. To attend class, you must purchase the punch pass during regular business hours at the Administration Office or at class (payment by check only at class).
super senior fitness
Ages 55 +
Designed for those seniors with less stamina and mobility or those just getting started in their fitness program. This class will use light hand weights, balance exercise, core strengthening on chairs and fun cardio games. A great way to keep up with your mobility and cardio. This class meets for 30 minutes/2 times week.
For information about Super Senior Fitness Class and the Fit at 55 Fitness Punch Pass see page 77 in the digital activity guide.
MISSED A CLASS PASS
Concerned you might miss a class and are afraid to commit? NO WORRIES! See your instructor following the missed class to receive a MISSED A CLASS pass. The pass is good from one month of date issued for any of our other fitness classes. Waiver form must be signed for the replacement class.
Fitness 10 Punch Pass
Our 10-Punch Fitness Pass allows you to choose your own fitness play according to your schedule. The pass can be used at any of the following classes: Zumba, Zumba Gold, Bodytoning, Bodypower, Cardio Circuit Boot Camp, Pilates on the Mat and MixxedFit & Core. Please register for the RAINOUTLINE (rainoutline.com) to get class updates on last minute changes or cancellations of fitness classes. (One day workshops and one day special events are not included with the punch pass. fitness passes may only be purchased at our Administration Office and used within 6 months of purchase. No refunds or transfers. Please check website two days prior to first day to confirm class status.
Punch Pass Fee: $90 Resident Discount Punch Pass Fee: $80
Summer 2019 Fitness Punch Pass Code: #331020-01
Spring 2019 Class Update for Punch Pass Users
Thank you for registering for the Fitness Punch Pass. Please note the status of classes for the spring session.
Fitness & Yoga All Inclusive 10 Punch Pass
Utilize the NEW All Inclusive Punch Pass to get your full body workout in! This pass is good for all fitness and yoga classes. Take your fitness routine to a whole new level.
Punch Pass Fee: $105 Resident Discount Punch Pass Fee: $95
Summer 2019 Fitness & Yoga All Inclusive Punch Pass Code: #331030-01
Our certified yoga instructors will guide you on proper form and technique as you challenge your body to experience strength, balance and flexibility through various forms of Yoga. Yoga classes offered include: Kids Yoga, Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Meditation, and Qi Gong.
Yoga is a great way for a child to improve impulsiveness, help control emotions and ease stress. In a relaxed, fun and playful setting overlooking Crystal Lake's Main Beach, students will learn tools to deal with stress and aid in concentration. Bring a yoga mat and water bottle to class.
Enjoy a serene class overlooking beautiful Crystal Lake! Through yoga poses, students will develop greater flexibility, strength, body awareness and balance. This practice blends yoga styles and will include meditation, breathing practice and relaxation techniques! Bring a yoga mat and water bottle to class.
Meditation is like a shower for your mind. Take time to still your thoughts and relax as you study various meditation techniques. Through breath, smell, sound and movement you decide which style of meditation resonates with you. Bring blanket or cushion, yoga mat, water bottle and towel to class.
Take your yoga to the next level. This class will take you on a journey to find joy and peace within yourself. Use breath, mantra and movement to bring yourself to a state of balance. Practicing in a group amplifies the experience. Each class will include meditation and occasional Gong Relaxation. Bring a cushion to sit on and a yoga mat.
Monday Morning Chanting
Chanting is a practice that can bring you to a state of internal peace when you use your voice in unison with others to raise your vibration and everyone in the room. It can work to move stuck energy and bring you joy and happiness. Come open to you, chant and leave smiling.
The origins of Tai Chi, this class is an ancient form of exercise which focuses on the mind with healing techniques and gentle moving standing poses to connect our body and mind energy as one. Through this practice, we can heal not only physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. Class will be held on the beach weather permitting and inside if the weather is not cooperating. Bring a yoga mat and water bottle to class.
new! Outdoor Walking Club
Meeting locations will be emailed to the group 1-2 days prior to the walk
1st Wednesday of each month from 5-6 pm from April-October
For summer 2019 location and schedule, contact Jennifer Peterson, (815) 459-0680 X1219, firstname.lastname@example.org
Indoor Walking Club at The Racket Club
You asked and we responded! Due to many requests for indoor walking options for active adults in the area, the Crystal Lake Park District is offering Indoor Walking at the Racket Club, located at 9101 S. Route 31, Algonquin. This program is free and membership at The Racket Club is not required to participate. The 1/6 mile walking area around the court perimeter will be available November-April, Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-8:30 am. For more information contact Jaime Coplon at 847-658-5688, email@example.com
Group Fitness and Yoga Instructors
AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
My journey to becoming a fitness instructor unknowingly began at four years of age taking dance lessons in Hawaiian Hula, Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Adagio, Point, Acrobatics, and Ballroom and Latin dance styles. Over the years I have garnered the USA Pro-Am Championships in International Standard and Latin and American Smooth with my professional partner and also Elite Dancesport Champions in American Smooth with my husband. After retiring from Dancesport competition, I've shared my love of dance by teaching ballroom and Latin dancing, organizing the Chicago DanceSport Challenge a National Qualifying Event for the USA Dance Championships, and began teaching Cardio Ballroom, a fitness program I created for the DTPD.
In 2013, I became certified as a Primary Group Fitness Instructor through the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America. Currently I am teaching fitness to seniors, adults, and children in several different types of cardio, strength, and weight lifting programs at three different park districts and dance studios in the area.
Past Certified IDEA, ACE, Body Training Instructor
Donna has been teaching fitness classes since the early days of aerobic dance, where she enjoyed many years of creating dance choreography for high energy classes. Donna has also lead step classes, helping people of all fitness levels get a challenging workout. Most recently, she thrives on encouraging people to change their bodies through endurance weight lifting. Over the years, Donna has been IDEA, ACE, Les Mills and Body Training System certified.
A long time resident of Crystal Lake and a person who regularly hikes Sterne's Woods, Donna really embraces the community and beauty of our town.
Group Fitness Instructor
Maureen is a group exercise fitness instructor certified by the AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.) She began taking yoga as a method to reduce stress, increase her strength and improve her overall wellness. She fell in love with the way it made her feel - the one day a week became a daily reason to go to the fitness center. After attending yoga classes every day, she was then asked why "didn't she just become a yoga instructor?" Maureen has been teaching since 2002 when began her career at Healthbridge Fitness Center. Currently, Maureen teaches with Crystal Lake Park District and McHenry Parks Department.
Maureen is a certified as a Les Mills BodyFlow instructor and Tracy Mallet Booty Barre instructor.
Jackie has been teaching fitness class for 4 years. She certified AFAA Group X instructor. Licensed in Zumba®, Zumba® Toning, Zumba® kids, Aqua Zumba® and Pro Skills. Pro skills taught her the art of cueing the moves. Her classes have been said to be "easy to follow" and have "high energy" as you take a trip around the world with the different music and rhythms.
Rae Lynne Morvay
Zumba Gold and Pilates Instructor
Rae Lynne Morvay has been performing various types of dance since the age of 4. She studied under Prima Ballerina Patty Page at the Patty Paige Dance Academy in Columbus, OH. Rae Lynne was a member of both SHS Tempo, and ECC Eccentricity Swing Choirs, and was one of the original members of the Ominous Dance Company. Rae Lynne has also taught both Aerobics and Toning Classes in the past. After taking time off to be a wife and a mother, Rae Lynne's passion for fitness was reignited when she signed up for a yoga class at the Crystal Lake Park District. Rae Lynne is AFFA Certified and also has certifications in Zumba, Zumba Gold, Circuit training, Pilates, Core Fitness, CPR, AED, and is SCW Group Fitness Certified.
Theresa Miles is a group exercise fitness instructor certified by the AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America). She has been a licensed Zumba instructor since 2009 and is also licensed to teach Zumba Gold, Zumba Toning and Zumba Kids. Her dance background includes American Tribal Style belly dance, latin ballroom and the latin club dancing (salsa, cumbia, merengue, etc).
"I love teaching Zumba fitness classes - it makes me happy when I see people smiling and having fun in my class."
Lisa is a 500hr E-RYT Yoga Alliance Certified Instructor of Kundalini, Hatha Yoga and Children's Yoga. She is also a Reiki Master Teacher. With over 18 years of teaching experience she offers Women's Retreats around the globe. You can find her teaching at Yoga Festivals sharing her love of yoga and meditation. During her 13 years as a Wall Street Trader, she learned the importance of stress management. Yoga, meditation, breathwork/sound healing with "The Gong" are tools she uses for a healthy mind/body and happy life.
Donna is a registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance and has been teaching mindful breathing and awareness for 12 years. She has passion for teaching yoga to kids, adults, prenatal and senior yoga.
DRENDA WELDONWhole Body Circuit Training Instructor
Drenda is an ACE (American Council of Exercise) certified fitness instructor who has been involved with fitness her whole life and spearheaded a women's fitness program at her church in Cary. Drenda is licensed to teach REFIT® and Strong by Zumba® also trained as a holistic health coach and truly enjoys helping others experience fun in their fitness.
Michele Silver is a group exercise fitness instructor certified by the AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.) She is also a certified Mixxedfit Instructor since 2016. She has a passion for fitness. Michele has been involved in sports since she was a young child which has fueled her involvement with exercise and fitness for the past 30 years.
- May 15 Volunteers Needed for Workday at Sterne's Woods on May 19
- May 15 Crystal Lake Park District Public Meeting May 20- Spoerl Park Pickleball Courts
- May 15 2019 Public Beach Spring Herbicide Treatments Scheduled for May 20
- May 13 Register NOW for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Classes in June & July
- May 10 Registration for NEW Teams Now Open for Crystal Lake Park District Summer Adult Softball Leagues
- May 10 Crystal Lake Park District Outdoor Walking Club
- May 02 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Summer Activity Guide Mailing Apr 29-May 4
- Apr 24 Final Lunch and Learn of the season at Colonel Palmer House Features Home Wine Making on May 3
- Apr 24 Mah Jonng Lessons Begin May 3 with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 23 April 26 is NEW date for Crystal Lake Park District Beanbag Baseball Tourney at Grand Oaks
- Apr 23 Crystal Lake Park District Honored with Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Apr 19 Sterne's Woods Open House & Walking Tour Scheduled for April 23
- Apr 18 Next Session of Art and Variety Fun Classes on the Schedule for April & May
- Apr 09 Limited Seats Available for Mother Daughter Tea on April 28
- Mar 27 Saturday Night Dance for Adults on March 30-featuring the Waltz
- Mar 27 Hop on over to the Crystal Lake Park District Doggy Egg Hunt on April 13
- Mar 26 Institute Day Trips Scheduled for March and April
- Mar 21 2nd Session of Beyond the Bell Begins April 8
- Mar 17 Country Line Dance Party Saturday, March 23
- Mar 17 Day Trips for Youth/Teens Ages 10-14 with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Mar 15 Lunch and Learn Program at Colonel Palmer House for April & May
- Mar 05 Limited Team Spots Still Available for Forts on the Courts
- Feb 25 Register by March 1 for Mom/Son Rock of 80's Date Night
- Feb 11 Active Adult Line Country Line Dance Party Friday, Feb 22
- Feb 10 ‘Weddings on the Lake’ Bridal Fair Main Beach Registration Open
- Feb 10 NEW Master Dance Classes at the Crystal Lake Park District Dance Academy
- Feb 04 Registration Open for Crystal Lake Park District Barlina House Preschool 2019-2020 School Year
- Feb 04 CANCELLED-2019 Crystal Lake Park District Ice Fishing Derby on February 10-CANCELLED
- Feb 04 2019 Crystal Lake Park District Chili Open Golf Classic Cancelled Due to Poor Ice Conditions
- Feb 03 Limited Spots Still Available for the Sweetheart Tea at Colonel Palmer House
- Jan 25 CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER-Sterne's Volunteer Work Day
- Jan 15 Volunteers Needed for CL Park District Ice Fishing Derby on February 10
- Jan 14 Salsa is the Featured Dance for Saturday Night Dance on Jan 26
- Jan 13 Registration Deadline is January 16 for Boys After School Basketball
- Jan 09 Country Line Dance Party This Saturday, January 12
- Jan 07 5 NEW Art & Craft Classes for Adults offered at Crystal Lake Park District
- Jan 02 NEW Art Classes for Kids are featured in Crystal Lake Park District Winter/Spring Brochure
- Jan 02 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Skills Programs and Youth Entrepreneurism Classes at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Jan 01 Indoor Walking Option at The Racket Club -Monday thru Friday
- Jan 01 Winter/Spring Session of Dance Classes begin January 5
- Jan 01 Register now for Winter-Spring Dance Classes for Adults
- Jan 01 Winter/Spring Fitness and Yoga Classes Run January-March
- Jan 01 Ice Fishing Derby Returns to Crystal Lake
- Dec 27 Now Hiring After School Basketball Coaches-$10/Hour
- Dec 11 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day on Dec 16
- Dec 04 Register for Christmas Bedtime Stories-Dec 11, Dec 14 & Dec 18
- Dec 03 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Residents to ‘Light Up’ Crystal Lake in Holiday Decorating Contest
- Dec 02 2018 Property Tax Ordinance on Agenda for December 13 Board Meeting
- Nov 20 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day on November 25
- Nov 07 Register by November 28 for Santa's Holiday Express
- Nov 07 Register by December 1 for Senior Holiday Brunch
- Nov 06 Experience Qi Gong and Yoga Nidra through 1-Day Classes at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Nov 01 2nd Session of Fall Fitness and Yoga Classes begins October 30
- Oct 19 Proposed Pier Ordinance is topic of Community Input Meeting October 25
- Oct 19 FREE Pop Up Fitness Classes Offered October 23 & 24
- Oct 16 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Cooking and Food Classes
- Oct 15 Drop in and Planned Activities for Seniors at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 04 Register for Adult Volleyball Leagues by October 5
- Oct 03 Register by October 17 for Junior High Wagon Ride & Bonfire
- Oct 03 Day Trips for Adults with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 03 Who Has the Best Halloween Display in Crystal Lake?
- Oct 02 Crystal Lake Park District Drop-In Tot Open Gym Begins October 4
- Oct 02 Music Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place on October 13
- Sep 24 Fox Trot is Featured Dance for September 29 Saturday Night Dance
- Sep 24 Pop Up Classes features Fleece Scarf & Headband Project
- Sep 21 Crystal Lake Park District Welcomes New Staff
- Sep 20 Crystal Lake Park District Nature Offers STEM Programming
- Sep 17 Crystal Lake Park District Park Board of Commissioner Election Petition Packets Available
- Sep 05 Drop in Programs and Day Trips for Active Adults at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Sep 05 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Sep 04 Crystal Lake Park District Expands Nature Center Programs
- Sep 03 FREE Family Fun at the Crystal Lake Park District Kite Fest
- Sep 03 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Dance Programs for Adults in Fall Season
- Sep 02 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Cooking Classes
- Sep 01 Fall Art Classes for Kids-Adults Begin Soon
- Aug 23 End of Summer Session of Belly Dancing Added
- Aug 23 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Three District 47 Schools to Offer Beyond the Bell
- Aug 23 Enrolling now for Crystal Lake Park District Dance Academy Programs
- Aug 22 Weed Harvesting in West Bay of Crystal Lake Scheduled for August 30
- Aug 22 Enroll Now for Fall Fitness and Yoga Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Aug 17 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day on August 26
- Aug 14 Limited Spots Available for Crystal Lake Park District Barlina House Preschool 2018-2019 School Year
- Aug 14 Register by September 7 Crystal Lake Park District Girls After School Basketball League
- Aug 14 Part-Time and Volunteer Coaching Opportunities
- Aug 14 Active Adult Line Country Line Dance Party This Friday, August 17
- Aug 14 Cha Cha is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults
- Aug 14 Ol’ Time Wagon Rides a Fall Tradition at Sterne’s Woods
- Aug 09 Crystal Lake Park District Concerts in the Park Extended Through August 21
- Aug 01 Public Input Meetings Scheduled in August for Crystal Lake Park District Projects
- Jul 23 Crystal Lake Park District Board of Commissioners Appoints Cathy Cagle to Four Year Term
- Jul 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House August 12
- Jul 16 Join Us for a Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day on July 22
- Jul 16 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Cooking Classes-ages 9 & up
- Jul 16 Limited Registration Spots Still Available for Crystal Lake Park District Dance Camps
- Jul 16 Crystal Lake Park District to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- Jul 16 Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Brochure to Be Mailed to Residents beginning July 31
- Jul 11 Active Adult Country Line Dance Party This Friday, July 13
- Jul 11 July 23-27 is Lifeguard and Beach Staff Appreciation Week
- Jul 05 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Unwanted Plants at Veteran Acres Pond Scheduled for July 6
- Jun 29 Register by July 12 for Family Game Night at Main Beach!
- Jun 29 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House On July 15
- Jun 26 Concerts in the Park Continue Through August 21
- Jun 18 Crystal Lake Park District ‘Hanging with Our Heron’ Photo Contest Kicks Off June 23
- Jun 18 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day on June 24
- Jun 18 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Summer Art Classes
- Jun 18 June 23 Beach Bash Schedule Announced
- Jun 12 Register Now for Summer Cooking Classes
- Jun 12 Crystal Lake Park District Main Beach Phase 2 Survey Now Open
- Jun 04 Crystal Lake Park District Board of Commissioners Seeking Candidate
- Jun 04 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species Scheduled on June 6 on Crystal Lake
- May 17 Family Campout Slated for June 15-16 at Main Beach
- May 17 Teens! Get the Right Skills to Land a Job Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Classes
- May 17 Group and Private Sailing Lessons with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 17 Summer Tennis Lessons for Ages 5-Adult With the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 16 Still Time to Register for Summer Sessions of Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 16 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 14 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 14 Register now for Open Water Swim Race Slated at Crystal Lake on June 9-CANCELLED
- May 14 2018 Public Beach Spring Herbicide Treatments Scheduled
- May 14 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 3
- May 14 Mark Your Calendar for May 26-Main and West Beach Opening Day
- May 14 Crystal Lake Park District Announces NEW Special Event at Main Beach Beach Bash on June 23
- May 14 Drop in and Planned Activities for seniors at the Crystal Lake Park District
- May 11 Mark Your Calendar for May 20 Sterne's Volunteer Work Day
- May 10 May 19 is Opening Day for the NEW Crystal Lake Park District Main Beach Playground
- May 09 Enroll Now for Summer Session of Dance Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 20 Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office Begins Saturday Hours for Summer Season
- Apr 20 Meet up the First Wednesday of the Month for Walking Club
- Apr 17 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for April 22
- Apr 17 Watch for the Summer Brochure in the Mail! Registration Opens May 1
- Apr 17 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Opens for Season on April 21
- Apr 17 Dates Announced for Drop-In Program for Crafters
- Apr 12 American Tango is the Featured Dance for April 28 Event
- Apr 02 First Saturday at Colonel Palmer House on April 7 features Scouting Around
- Apr 02 Nominate Crystal Lake to Receive a $20K Grant during Earth Month
- Apr 02 Crystal Lake Park District Day Camp Open House Scheduled for May 5
- Mar 30 Crystal Lake Park District Staff Receives Award at NISRA Recognition Banquet
- Mar 19 Crystal Lake Park District Honored with Certificate of Achievement For Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Mar 14 Join us on March 18 for Volunteer Work Day at Sterne's Woods
- Mar 14 Register by April 2 for Family Game NIght
- Mar 14 Adult Line Country Line Dance Party on March 17 includes Lesson
- Mar 14 Rumba is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults
- Mar 12 Register by March 14 for Doggy Egg Hunt
- Mar 01 Crystal Lake Park District’s Sam Thompson Receives National Service Award from the American Camp Association
- Feb 22 Still Time to Register for Spring Session of Crystal Lake Park District Cooking and Baking Classes
- Feb 22 Registration Deadline: March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Feb 22 Community Garden Plots Available at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Register for Spring Session of Beyond the Bell at Husmann and West Elementary
- Feb 22 Limited Team Spots Still Available for Forts on the Courts
- Feb 16 Join us February 25 for Bonfire! Food at the Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 31 Colonel Palmer House to Host Two Valentine’s Inspired Events
- Jan 25 Applications Due by March 31 for Walk Herrick, Sr. Memorial Foundation Junior Tennis Scholarship
- Jan 24 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Two District 47 Schools to Offer Beyond the Bell
- Jan 24 February 23 Live Music Entertainment at Park Place features Ivy Ford
- Jan 24 Drop-In Pickleball Offered at The Racket Club
- Jan 24 Reister by March 12 for 2nd Annual Forts on the Courts Family/Team Event
- Jan 24 January 27 at Grand Oaks-Adult Country Line Dance Party
- Jan 16 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Jan 16 Don’t PASS up the Opportunity to be a Part of the Crystal Lake Park District Cake Decorating Class on Jan 20
- Jan 16 Register by March 2 for Mom Son Wild West Fest
- Jan 15 Join us on January 21 for a Bonfire! Food! Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day and Cookout
- Jan 15 Chili Open Golf Classic is a Crystal Lake Tradition-Get Your Tee Time Today!
- Jan 15 Register by January 30 for the 2018 Snowbird Softball Tournament
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Now Hiring for Summer Seasonal Jobs
- Jan 15 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ice Rink and Sledding Locations for Winter Fun
- Jan 12 Register by March 20 for Breakfast with the Bunny
- Jan 02 Indoor Walking Option at The Racket Club through the Winter
- Dec 28 FREE Music and Dancing at Park Place Banquet in January and February
- Dec 28 Enroll Now for 1st Session of Winter Fitness Classes with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 28 Registration Deadline January 15, 4th-6th Grade Boys After School Basketball League
- Dec 28 Register by February 2 for Daddy Daughter Luau
- Dec 11 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for December 17 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Dec 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Dec 11 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Dance Programs for Adults in Winter/Spring Season
- Nov 21 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Dance Mix Party on December 3
- Nov 21 Watch for the Winter/Spring brochure in the mail after December 1
- Nov 13 Still time to Register-Enjoy a Holiday Brunch with Friends on December 7 at Grand Oaks Active Senior Center
- Nov 13 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to ‘Light Up’ Crystal Lake In Holiday Decorating Contest
- Nov 13 Classic Christmas Bedtime Stories for Kids Ages 3-10
- Nov 13 Register by November 29 for Santa's Workshop
- Nov 13 Letters to Santa Program is a Crystal Lake Park District Tradition
- Nov 13 Register by December 22 for Family Noon Years Eve
- Nov 13 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 -FREE Family Halloween Fun at Main Beach on October 28- Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Oct 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for October 22 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Institute Day Fun for Ages 5-13
- Oct 17 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Ballroom and Social Dancing Program for Adults
- Oct 17 FREE Big Band Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place on October 20
- Oct 17 Register Now for Crystal Lake Park District Holiday Cooking Demonstration with Chef Dave Esau
- Oct 17 Still Time to Register for Yoga with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Senior Day Trips with Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 17 Competition is Heating Up 17 Teams Registered for Puzzle Palooza!
- Oct 02 Park District Invites Residents to Attend State of the Lake Meeting on October 30
- Oct 02 Drop-In Tot Open Gym Returns for Fall 2017 Program Season at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Oct 02 October 14: Adult Line Dance Party -Learn the basics with an introductory lesson-
- Sep 23 Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project Meeting Scheduled for October 5
- Sep 18 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for September 24 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Sep 11 Kids are Welcome in the Kitchen at the Crystal Lake Park District
- Sep 11 FREE Family Fun at Black Diamond Kite Fest
- Sep 11 East Coast Swing is the Featured Dance for Upcoming Saturday Night Dance for Adults - Program includes complimentary dance le
- Sep 11 Crystal Lake Park District Challenges Park District Residents to Participate in the Haunted Home Decorating Contest
- Sep 11 Are you a Puzzle Pro? Put a Team Together and Test Your Jigsaw Skills Against the Best at Puzzle Palooza!
- Sep 11 Music Entertainment on the Schedule at Park Place in October
- Sep 08 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Sep 08 Crystal Lake Park District Begins Fetzner Park Riparian Restoration Project
- Sep 06 Main Beach Bricks Available for Pick Up NOW
- Aug 30 Home School Expo at Park Place Cancelled
- Aug 30 Crystal Lake Park District Hosts 21st Annual Crystal Lake Half Marathon -Volunteer Help Needed-
- Aug 30 Wanna Get a Little Nutty? Collect acorns on behalf of the Crystal Lake Park District Environmental Committee!
- Aug 18 Businesses and Organizations Needed To Participate in Crystal Lake Park District Truck or Treat
- Aug 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for August 27 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Aug 17 Lunch and Learn Series Returns to Colonel Palmer House for Fall Program Season
- Aug 17 Ol’ Time Wagon Rides a Fall Tradition at Sterne’s Woods
- Aug 17 Main Beach Renovation Project Update for Playground Brick Owners
- Aug 16 Girls After School Basketball League (Ages 9-11) A Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Highlight
- Aug 16 Crystal Lake Park District Seeks Vendors for Home School Expo at Park Place
- Aug 16 Working Parents Have Childcare Options with Crystal Lake Park District Extended Time Programs for 2017-2018 School Year
- Aug 04 Crystal Lake Park District Fall Program Brochure to Be Mailed To Residents
- Aug 01 Crystal Lake Park District Offers Chance to Try a Fitness Class for Free in August
- Jul 31 Crystal Lake Open to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Facility Closings Due to Flooding
- Jul 28 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Appointment of Park Board Commissioner, Julie Martens
- Jul 26 Crystal Lake Closed to Motorized Watercraft
- Jul 24 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Approved by Board of Commissioners
- Jul 20 Open Water Swim Race CANCELLED
- Jul 17 Aquatic Herbicide Treatments of Non-Native Species on Crystal Lake on July 18
- Jul 17 Volunteer Work Day Scheduled for July 23 at Sterne’s Woods & Fen
- Jul 11 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House continues on July 16 With ‘CPH Country Fair’
- Jul 11 Food Vendors Named for Blast on the Beach
- Jul 11 Still Time to Register for Crystal Lake Park District Lifeguard Training Class
- Jul 10 West Bay Herbicide Treatment Scheduled for July 11
- Jul 10 July 12 is ‘Everyday Hero Day’ at Crystal Lake Park District Summer Camp
- Jun 21 Special Event Dates Affecting Main Beach Boat Launch Key Card Holders
- Jun 21 Craft Fair Vendors Needed at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram/Crystal Lake Park District Blast on the Beach
- Jun 17 Crystal Lake Park District Partners with Black Diamond to Host Kids’ Party in the Park
- May 25 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 24 Lippold Park Family Golf Center Offers Boomers Golf Drop-In Special
- May 24 Crystal Castle and Acorn Alley Splash Pad Hours of Operation
- May 23 Main and West Beaches Open on May 27
- May 23 Exciting New Additions to Concerts in the Park Series
- May 23 Free Summer Sundays at Colonel Palmer House begins on June 4
- May 23 Enroll Now for Summer Fitness and Yoga Classes at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 26 Crystal Lake Main Beach Passes on Sale May 8
- Apr 25 Garden Plots at Hill Farm Acres
- Apr 25 Summer Camp registration now open at Crystal Lake Park District
- Apr 15 Crystal Lake Park District 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Available for Public Review
- May 19 Sterne’s Woods & Fen Volunteer Work Day Sterne's outdoor pavilion, 5617 Hillside Dr, Crystal Lake
- May 19 Babysitting Training Administration Building, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- May 19 Root Beer Stand Entrepreneur Workshop Admin. Bldg. 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- May 20 2019 Public Beach Spring Herbicide Treatments Crystal Lake
- May 20 Crystal Lake Park District Public Meeting - Spoerl Park Pickleball Courts Spoerl Park, 7610 Pingree Rd, Crystal Lake
- May 22 Art Institute of Chicago and Big Bus Tour tr
- May 25 Make & Take-Family Fun Grand Oaks, 1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- May 25 Colonel Palmer House Plant Sale Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Ave, Crystal Lake
- May 25 OPENING DAY-Main & West Beaches
- May 25 Saturday NIght Dance-Tango Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Crystal Lake