FOIA Information and FOIA Request Form
The Crystal Lake District Complies With the Standards Set by the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Requests made under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to review or obtain copies of public records held by Crystal Lake Park District will be processed as quickly as possible.
Print a form
Submit by mail, fax or drop-off
How the Process Works
After a FOIA Request submission is received, the Chief FOIA Officer will respond within five (5) business days with the requested materials unless a request is denied or an extension is required. If a request is denied, partially denied or an extension is required, the requesting party will be notified in writing. If a request is denied, there is an appeals process. Please be sure to retain a copy of your request, if you need to file a review, you will need to submit a copy of your request.
You may opt to inspect original documents at the Crystal Lake Park District's Administrative Office at One East Crystal Lake Avenue or you may request copies. Freedom of Information requests are accepted by personal delivery, mail, email or oral request to the Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014, and the Freedom of Information Officer. A copy of the Freedom of Information Act Request Form is included in this packet. The Freedom of Information Officer will make a response to the requesting party within five working days of receipt, unless an extended time period is required. Requests will be responded to, in writing, by the Freedom of Information Officer and available for pick up at the Administrative Office. There is a $.15 charge for each copy made over 50 pages. Cost for certifying a record will be $1.00.
Public Records: This is a list of commonly requested documents; it is not to be construed as exhaustive or limiting. Accident Reports, Audit Reports, Approved Board Minutes, Bids for Equipment or Services, Cancelled Checks, Bank Statements, Deposit Slips, Cash Receipts Control, Comprehensive Master Plan, District Goals and Objectives, Employee Manuals, Intergovernmental Agreements, Meeting Notes of Advisory Committees, Ordinances, Plats of Survey for Parks Program Brochures, Safety Manuals, Application for Use of Park District Facilities/Equipment, Annual Treasurer's Report, Approved Committee Meeting Minutes, Board and Committee Meeting Reports, Cash Records, Check Stubs and Copies of Contracts for Construction Projects, District Mission and Vision Statement, General Ledger and Journals, Insurance Policies, Monthly Financial Statements, Paid Bills and Invoices Policies, Resolutions, Vendor Files, Time Sheets.
- The public has a right to information produced by their government with certain privacy limitations (5ILCS 140/1).
- When you submit a FOIA request, your information becomes public record and your request may be posted online.
How do I appeal a denial?
In the event of a denial, you may file a Request for Review with the Attorney General's Public Access Counselor (PAC) at
Public Access Counselor
Office of the Illinois Attorney General
500 South 2nd Street
Springfield IL 62701
WHERE TO DIRECT
Requests should be directed to:
Chief FOIA Officer
Crystal Lake District
1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL 6014
Phone: 815.459.0680, ext. 1203
The following information is available for viewing online, a FOIA Request form is not required to access this information.
- May 17 Summer Tennis Lessons for Ages 5-Adult plus Golf N Tennis Camp
- May 17 Crystal Lake Park District Adult Camp (21+)
- May 15 Crystal Lake Park District Concerts in the Park Kicks off May 30
- May 15 2023 Beach Operations-Main Beach Opens Sat, May 27
- May 15 FREE Summer Sing-A-Longs in June and July
- May 15 Swim Lessons at Main Beach with the Crystal Lake Park District Swim School
- May 15 NEW Event! Aloha Summer Sunset Celebration on June 9
- May 05 Registration Open for Summer 2023
- May 04 Positive Pebbles Kits Available at the Administrative Office
- Apr 24 Thank You Crystal Lake Park District Volunteers!
- Apr 10 Lippold Family Golf Center Open for Season
- Apr 06 Limited Number of Community Garden Plots Available
- Apr 05 Line Dancing Class & Social Ballroom Class plus Social Dance Nights
- Apr 04 Spots Filling Quickly for Summer Camp 2023-Register Today!
- Apr 04 Crystal Lake Park District Nature Offers Spring Programs for Tots-Adults
- Mar 15 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded Urban and Community Forestry Grant for Tree Planting
- Mar 08 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded 2022 Government Award from the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County
- Mar 07 Crystal Lake Park District Awarded $600,000 Open Space Land Acquisition and Development Grant for Development of Park on Haligus Road
- Mar 06 Social Dance Nights March 10, April 22, May 19
- Mar 06 Paint Nites and Watercolor Painting
- Mar 06 Crystal Lake Park District Announces Spring Firewood Sale on March 18
- Feb 27 Update Regarding Northwestern Medicine Healthcare Crystal Lake Fitness Center and the Crystal Lake Park District
- Feb 22 Highlight the Night Son Date Night on April 28
- Feb 22 Mother Daughter Tea at Colonel Palmer House on April 30
- Feb 22 Four Winds Casino Trip and Land of Lincoln Trip Still Have Limited Spots Available
- Feb 22 New Sessions of Youth Athletics Beginning Feb 27 and Apr 24
- Feb 21 EVP Spring Break Volleyball Camp Mar 27-30
- Feb 19 Register NOW for Summer Camp!
- Feb 15 Next Session of Little Medical School Veterinarian Programs Begins March 24
- Feb 15 Summer 2023 Seasonal Jobs-NOW HIRING
- Feb 13 Register Now for Puzzle Palooza on March 19
- Feb 07 Valentine/Galentine Zumba Party Scheduled for Feb 10
- Jan 20 NEW! Galentine's Day Brunch with the Crystal Lake Park District
- Jan 20 Dates Nights for Sons and Daughters in Feburary and April
- Jan 19 Limited Spots Still Available for this Season's Adult Trips
- Jan 17 Willows Edge Park Invasive Brush Clearing Efforts Underway
- Jan 16 Snowbird Softball Tourney Team Registration Due by Jan 27
- Jan 15 EVP & Crystal Lake Park District Host Snow Volleyball Tournament
- Jan 02 Register by Jan 6 for Boys Basketball League
- Dec 23 Free Holiday Light Recycling thru December 30
- Dec 22 Winter Spring Activity Guide Available and Registration is Opens Dec 9
- Dec 07 Send Us Your Letter to Santa by December 9
- Dec 05 Holiday Break Camps for Youth and Teens
- Jun 04 Cycling Without Age for Seniors Dole Mansion
- Jun 06 Concerts in the Park-CL Community Band Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Dr, Crystal Lake
- Jun 07 Paint Nite Woodscreek Building
- Jun 09 Palmer's Programs-Victorian Jewelry & Fashion Colonel Palmer House, 660 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Jun 09 Aloha Summer Sunset Celebration Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Dr, Crystal Lake
- Jun 09 Zumba Luau Dance Party Grand Oaks Recreation Center, 1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- Jun 10 Paint Nite Administrative Bldg, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
- Jun 11 Beginner Yoga & Meditation Workshop Grand Oaks Recreation Center, 1401 W. Route 176, Crystal Lake
- Jun 11 Bike with Your Neighbor Main Beach, 300 Lakeshore Dr, Crystal Lake
- Jun 13 Nature Tots-Hiding in Plain Sight Nature Center, 330 N. Main St, Crystal Lake